4.7

'Welcome, my children.'
The Divination classroom was shown.
'In this room, you shall explore the noble art of Divination. In this room, you shall discover if you possess the Sight.'

The professor walked into her table, causing the students to giggle.
'Hello. I am Professor Trelawney. Together, we shall cast ourselves into the future! This term, we shall be focusing on Tasseomancy, which is the art of reading tea leaves. So please, take the cup of the person sitting opposite you.'

'Huh...she seems, um, interesting.' Andy said, tilting her head to the side in astonishment.

Harry took Ron's cup and he took his. Alyssa and Daphne traded cups too along with Blaise and Theo who were exchanging sceptical looks.

'What do you see? The truth lies buried like a sentence deep within a book, waiting to be read. But first, you must broaden your minds. First, you must look...beyond!'

Professor Trelawney dramatically gestured to the other side of the room, the students followed her line of sight, Hermione suddenly there in between Ron and Harry.

'Am I going mad or did she just appear out of nowhere?' Evan said, blinking in disbelief.
'Not going mad.' Regulus frowned as they all looked forwards in confusion, Alyssa smiling slightly.

'What a load of rubbish.'

Harry, Ron, Alyssa and Daphne all jumped in shock.
Where did you come from?!'
'Me? I've been here all this time.'

'You, boy-is your grandmother quite well?'
'Uh, I-I think so.'
'I-I wouldnt be so sure of that. Give me the cup. Oh... hmm... Pity.'
Neville frantically looked into the cup.

'He looks terrified, bless.' Cissa said.
'My mum?' Frank frowned

'Broaden your minds! Mmm... Oh! Your aura is pulsing, dear. Are you in the beyond? I think you are.'

They all laughed at the beyond confused look on Ron's face.

'Sure.'
'Look at the cup. Tell me what you see.'
'Oh, yeah, um...'
'Mmm...'
'Well, Harry's got sort of a wonky cross. That's trials and suffering. And, uh, that there could be the sun, and that's happiness. So, uh...you're gonna suffer...but you're gonna be happy about it.'

They all burst out laughing.

Harry looked at Ron amused while Alyssa seemed to be fighting the urge to laugh.
'Give me the cup.'
Ron handed Professor Trelawney Harry's teacup, she looked inside of it before gasping and yelling. She then looked at Harry.

'Well that doesn't sound good.' They all looked at her in slight concern.

'Oh, my dear boy. My dear...you have...the Grim.'

There was a mix of gasps, eyes rolls and looks of confusion.
'You've got to be kidding me!' Lily scoffed, 'The grim? What bullshit.'

'The Grin? What's the Grin?'
'Not the Grin, you idiot, the Grim. 'Taking the form of a giant spectral dog, it's among the darkest omens in our world. It's an omen...of death.''

Harry looked into his teacup, unsure what to think, his tea leaves forming a perfect dog.

'Uh oh.'
'That's not good.'
'Wait...didn't Harry see a black dog when he left home?' Alice said and the marauders glanced to Sirius who scowled,
'Nuhuh, I am not an omen of death.'
'What are you talking about?' Evan said in confusion.

'I'm calling bullshit.' Alyssa rolled her eyes.
'My dear girl, give me your cup.'
'Why? So you can predict my death? Pass.'
Trelawney grabbed the cup from her anyway,
'Hm interesting...what did you see dear?' She turned to Daphne who looked confused,
'Uh, well there were quite a few tea leaves...'
Alyssa sniggered as Daphne flushed,
'And um it might of been the shape of a uh splodge.'
'Hm...I see, well not to worry- not all of us possess the sight.'
Daphne looked more embarrassed and Alyssa rolled her eyes.