Chapter 50

"That tickles."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I like it."

Hayden shifts beneath the sheets, a low chuckle sending tingles from where his skin touches mine. I place a small kiss at the base of his throat and Hayden grins, moving his arms from around me to gripping tightly onto my forearms. I begin to ask what he's doing, but before I get the chance, he yanks up and turns so that I'm lying on top of him.

"Ah, much better."

The heat rushes to my cheeks and I duck my head, lightly slapping him. "Hayden."

Hayden tilts his head up to kiss me, mouth lingering inches from mine. "You didn't say my name right. If I remember correctly, you're supposed to say it the way you did last night."

"Oh my God." I groan.

"You said that also, babe," he adds, stealing another kiss. An involuntary giggle escapes my lips as I roll off of him, taking the blanket with me. Hayden yelps at the sudden punch of cold air, sitting up and scrambling to find a source of warmth and I shush him, reminding him that he's not supposed to be here. He rolls his eyes but continues to grab at the blanket as I stand and let my eyes roam his body.

Hayden stretches, confidently displaying every part of him. "Whoa put that away," I giggle, covering my eyes.

Hayden laughs. "I thought you liked it. Come on, drop that blanket."

"It's way too cold to get naked. I need a hot shower and sweats."

The mattress groans under him. Seconds later, I feel the warm presence of Hayden standing directly in front of me, but refuse to uncover my eyes. His skin occasionally brushes mine, breath fanning across my face when he moves even closer. Hayden gently removes my fingers, tangling them with his, and when I open my eyes, his irises are just as dark as they were last night.

"Mind if I join you?" he asks in a low, toe-curling whisper.

He doesn't let me answer. Instead, Hayden lightly grips the tip of my chin between his thumb and forefinger and pulls my face forward, gaze dropping lustfully to my lips. He angles his head and gently puts his mouth on mine. His other hand unhooks the blanket from beneath my fingers, letting it drop at our ankles as he turns to back us to the bed once more. Hayden whispers incoherently against my mouth when my fingers latch tightly to his shoulders and he lowers us onto the mattress, leaning above me with both hands on either side of my head. All I can do is whimper.

"Up for round two?" he whispers.

Yes.

A rumbling sound comes from outside. The garage, I realize over the cloud of lust that hangs over us, and begin to sit g up with Hayden still over me. He moves his mouth to the sweet spot below my ear, earning a sharp intake of breath. "We should stop," I tell him.

"Why?"

I gulp down a moan and bite my lip. If my mom found us, I don't know if I could live in this house ever again. "My mom..."

Hayden smooths the unruly curls from out of my eyes. "Won't even know I'm here."

"I don't think—"

I don't have a chance to finish. In the next second, the door bursts open.

"Ember?"

Holy shit.

I want to die. I want to burst into a big pile of ashes to save myself from the embarrassment and pure horror of things to come. I want to get up, change my name, and run away to Canada. Because nothing will save me from what will happen. Corry and my mother stand in the doorway with the biggest look of horror and curiosity I ever thought was possible. And right behind him stands my group of friends, all with the same shock and amusement on their smug little faces.