Chapter 22

"Stop laughing!"

"I'm sorry but I can't—ouch! What the hell, Ember?" Corry whines as he rubs a red mark on his forehead.

"It was only a pillow," I smirk at my twin. "Don't be such a baby."

He narrows his eyes at me, then, leaning against the large blue arm of the sectional couch everyone has settled on for Gabby and Gianna's weekly movie night. "I'm not."

"Whatever you say." I smile, stretching my legs out in front of me.

Gabby loops around the couch with a stack of DVDs in her arms while Felicity and Paris come down with big bowls of unhealthy snacks in their arms. I ogle at chocolate covered pretzels, peanut butter cups, popcorn, Doritos, spicy Cheetos, chips and salsa.

Corry picks up the 'weapon' and examines it. "What is in this pillow? Rocks?"

"Rocks? Really, Corry?" I snort. "Don't tell me a few feathers hurt you!"

"It has heavy beading all over it, excuse you."

"Ohh," I wave my hands. "Beading! How dangerous!"

"Okay! Enough, you two!" Gabby shushes from in front of the giant flat screen TV that commands the space of her expensively furnished basement. "Before I hit you with rocks!

"Pillows!" I shout.

"Whatever!" She rolls her eyes. "What do you guys want to watch? We have the latest James Bond, Transformers, Pulp Fiction..."

She names off a few more movies I don't quite hear as I stare at the phone in my lap. I can't stop reading the cryptic messages from Derek's friends and thinking about the marker on my car. It would be dumb to assume they're done with me—but I hope they are. I hope whatever is going on doesn't involve me.

"Oh my God doesn't one have Channing Tatum in it?" Felicity squeals.

Think about it later, I tell myself and shove my phone in my bag, throwing it away from me so I'm not tempted to check my messages again.

"Channing Tatum?" I grab a handful of pretzels and pop them into my mouth all at once. I'm more of a Hemsworth type of girl myself but I mean Channing Tatum does have really nice abs.

"I wouldn't mind watching that," I offer. "I love Scarlett Johansson!" A pillow bounces off the side of my face. I glare at Corry and he looks everywhere else but me, acting super innocent.

"You know as the only guy here," he says for the millionth time. "I think I should have the say on which movie we watch."

"You do," Paris points out.

"You know what I mean," Corry replies.

"No, I don't. Care to elaborate?" she challenges. Paris hops onto the couch across from him and crosses her arms over her chest. Paris loves Channing Tatum as much as she loves Drake. Which is really saying something.

"Umm... guys don't watch chick flicks...?" His statement comes out as more of an unsure question when he's met with four equally menacing glares.

"Don't worry," Gabby assures him. "Your masculinity will be intact. It's just a movie."

"At least Scarlett Johansson is hot. Maybe she'll have a nude scene."

I almost choke on my Dr. Pepper and Gianna punches him in the shoulder.

"It's kind of a bad idea talking about seeing other girls naked in front of your girlfriend." Paris fake-whispers to Corry. Gabby and I exchange looks from the floor and Felicity smirks. Paris shakes her head.