Chapter II

3rd Person P.O.V

The next day rolled around and Grace found herself not being able to sleep. She ignored all her friends. It wasn't their fault tho they didn't know she had a girlfriend. She was sitting at her desk and got ripped out her thoughts when her phone rang.

She looked and saw it was her grandmother calling. She sighed and braced herself for whatever yelling she was finna endure. She had already had Ryan yelling at her and her mother. Once she picked up she took a deep breath and waited.

"Grace?" Her grandmother called.

"Grandma. Are calling to yell at me?" Grace asked and heard her grandmother laugh a little.

"No, I'm not. I'm sure you've heard enough that from Ryan."

"Yeah well it's not like I don't deserve it."

"True or not you still need to be checked in on. How are you doing?" Ok so she didn't really know how to answer. She couldn't lie because her grandmother would see right through it.

"...Not good. I miss her so much and I don't know what to do. I don't know how to fix this." Grace said now crying.

"Well the first thing would be to apologize."

"I have."

"I mean a real apology. Not some half assed one." Her grandmother said.

"It was real." Grace defended.

"Ok. Well you know what they say actions speak louder than words. You have to show her how sorry you are. And I don't mean with useless gifts. If your going to do something it needs to be special something impactful maybe."

"How do I do that?"

"Unfortunately I don't have the answer for that Grace but if you miss and care for her like you say you do then you'll figure it out. I have faith in you." She said softly and that last part put a bit of a smile on Grace's face.

"Thank you grandma."

"I only offered small advice. Call me when you have everything settled."

"Ok. Love you bye."

"Love you too bye."

Grace sat at her desk staring off into space again. She kept repeating the words of her grandmother in her head. Something special how would she do that?

She looked down and caught sight of an envelope sitting near her computer. A letter from her professor. An idea popped into her mind and she got straight to work.

Memory lane:

"When is this movie gon be over baby." Grace complained and earned a laugh from Vanessa.

"Stop complaining. My favorite parts coming up look."

Grace playfully rolled her eyes and watched as the movie went on.