Chapter VIII

3rd Person P.O.V

Vanessa spent the night reading through every one of Graces letters. Each one was a different way of saying sorry. The last one tho Grace told her how much she was in love wit her and shit Vanessa was not ready to hear that.

Maybe what she felt was love for her too. But if it was love did she really wanna risk her heart for a person who could potentially do her wrong again.

She'll admit going through this whole thing by herself was taking a toll. Maybe what she needed was closure but she didn't really want Grace to just be out of her life. So fuck it.

————

Grace woke up to V calling her. She thanked God that she finally wanted to talk because the wait was killing her. She got up and made her way to Vanessa house. It was still early and her brother was still sleep.

They went upstairs to Vanessa's room and she closed the door just make sure they had a lil more privacy. V sat on her bed and Grace joined her side.

"So I read the letters."

"...and?" Grace said nervously.

"And they were sweet. I don't know if I'm ready to fully forgive you right now." V said and Grace sighed and nodded

"I understand."

"But I would like to eventually. My trust for you needs to be rebuilt." Vanessa said and looked at Grace.

"I know and I would like the chance to rebuild it. I need you Vanessa and I'm sorry I ever made you feel like I didn't."

"It's ok. It probably shouldn't be that easy but..." V said trailing off at the end and laughed dryly.

"Well let me show you later tonight how sorry I am. Lemme take you out?"

"...ok."

"Really? Awesome I have to go plan I'll be back later. I'll text you. Thank you V I promise I'll make it the best date ever." She said and gave her a excited kiss on the cheek and left.

————

Vanessa smiled after Grace left she forgot how adorable she looked when she was happy about something. Unfortunately the noise woke her brother up and he walked in her room wit a frown on his face.

"What was all that?"

"All what?" V said acting stupid.

"The noise. Was there someone else here?"

"Umm nope."

"Don't lie to me Vanessa your not a good liar." Jason said rolling his eyes.

"Neither are you and mind ya business it was nobody I told you that." She said defensively.

"Whatever." He said and left the room.

Maybe it's not the best idea to lie to her brother but she didn't feel like being lectured right now. For being the oldest sibling she gets treated like the youngest by him.