Chapter VII

3rd Person P.O.V

Grace woke up wit a lil extra pep in her step. She only had 2 lectures today since one got canceled. She would be done by 2:15 and she had a plane to catch at 3:45 which would prolly be delayed since it unexpectedly snowed and it's icy outside.

She had her car ready to go right after her last class. She was excited since she was going back to South Carolina to go through wit the last phase. She hoped when she got there Vanessa would want to see her. She also hoped that her brother wasn't there nor her parents if she told them.

She didn't tell anyone she was leaving and didn't tell Ryan she was coming. She didn't need Ryan accidentally telling V and ruining everything.

Anyways after her last class she made her way to the airport. It wasn't particularly packed and she got through security rather easily. As expected the plane was slightly delayed so she waited.

————

"I'll see you after school V. Mom and dad are coming back tonight right?" Jason said popping into his sister room.

"They changed it to Saturday night." V said from the pile of covers she was under.

"Oh well I'll see you later. Try to to get out of bed please you were in here all last night."

"Mhmm." She answered and he left the room obviously not convinced.

Vanessa didn't take her brothers advice. She stayed there all day. She studied all the gifts Grace had got her and it had all made sense. But it wasn't fair she didn't want to go wit some random person she wanted to go wit Grace herself.

Why? That question had V thinking all week. Why couldn't she stay home, why did she get drunk, why did she cheat? All those questions led to insecure thoughts and eventually to V slamming her head onto the nearest surface to clear them.

————

Grace had just got to her cousins house and didn't see any cars in the driveway so she figured no one was home. She looked under the mat by the front door and looked for a key somewhere. When she didn't see any she figured she would call Ryan.

Ryan: Stop calling me I'm in detention.

Me: My bad

Me: where's the key to your front door?

Ryan: What?

Me: actually nevermind imma just go through the back the screen door was left open you guys are not very safe.

Ryan: Are you at my house!?

Ryan: Grace!

Ryan: N*gga answer me

Grace ignored all the other text from her cousin she didn't have time to talk to her right now. She entered the house from the back and went into the kitchen where she found her aunt.

"Grace?" Her auntie asked surprised.

"Auntie!" Grace smiled and walked more into the kitchen sitting at the counter.