Chapter Four

Once you had made it to the Hufflepuff common room, you wasted no time making your way into the kitchens hidden under Hogwarts. You were quite good friends with the house-elves, due to your tendency to pull all-nighters before your exams. Waiting patiently for your regular and lactose-free hot chocolate, your eyes scanned the huge kitchen. Every time you came in you were in disbelief that it was practically unknown that house-elves made the food, the majority of the students were fully unaware. This occasionally lead you to wonder if some people just never found out that the kitchens existed, or at least until their children went to Hogwarts. Receiving the hot chocolates, you calmly thanked the house-elves before zooming up to meet with the chestnut-eyed professor.

There he was, leaning outside the wall of the common room running a hand through his messy hair. For some reason the sight made your heart stop, he looked strangely perfect. As disorganised as he seemed, he was somehow beautiful amongst all the wreckage. Clearing your throat you gave him a closed eye smile as he looked at your flustered self, "I got the goods!" You jokingly announced as you shuffled over to him. Gently you handed him his hot chocolate, though when your hands touched for a brief second, you could swear you felt a jolt of electricity run through you.

Again, walking to the astronomy tower you found yourselves in the same silence. 'This is nice... Weird... But nice...' Your heart warmed slightly at the action of hanging out with the professor in an unprofessional setting. In truth you'd barely given him a second glance until today, you didn't really feel the need. He was your professor after all, who would think of drinking hot chocolate with their teacher. Maybe if you had done this earlier, this could have been a regular thing, of course, you didn't even know if he was going to be here next year.

Clambering up the astronomy tower stairs, you both laughed at the sight of the other trying to shuffle their way up in an attempt to not spill their hot chocolate. You wanted more moments like this, it was pure. Once you made it to the top you placed your hot chocolate down on one of the ground beside the bannister, Remus seemed to be following suit only to suddenly sit down on the stone. He took a small sip of his drink before letting out a content sigh, watching him made your heart beat a little faster. Looking away you made your way over to one of the archways, leaning your weight on the bannister, you stared out at the calm waves before gazing up at the sky above. Calmness rushed over you, even if you had fainted, today was definitely one of your better days.

After a little while of stargazing, you walked back over to Remus with a smile on your face. Sitting down next to the professor you picked up your hot chocolate, able to take a big gulp after letting it cool down you felt your heart warm once more. Placing your head gently on Lupin's shoulder, you felt him hesitantly wrap his arm around your waist for support. Everything felt so right. Looking up at the brown-haired man you saw him glancing down at you, smiling as he caught your stare. You felt yourself close your eyes, leaning in as he did the same. Soon enough you felt his soft lips against yours.