Chapter Six

Stumbling into your fourth-period classroom, you shot an apologetic look at professor Flitwick before shuffling over to your seat. Since yesterdays dreamy encounter with professor Lupin, you couldn't stop daydreaming about what could happen in the next couple of weeks. It had to lead to you accidentally skipping half of your classes while you gazed out at the forbidden forest overlooking Hagrids hut. You were lucky you'd even made it to Charms class, though the only reason you'd snapped out of your daze and realised the time was due to a very specific, greasy, black-haired potions teacher. You were only... twenty minutes late.

Valerie spared you a worried glance, as you sunk down to hide your face on the desk to let out a quiet but hefty sigh. You felt a light hand touch your back, rubbing in circular motions. 'She must be concerned... I haven't been in for most of the day.' Lifting your head to make eye contact with the stormy eyed girl. You gave her a soft smile that she happily returned, sitting up slightly you leaned over to her. "I'll explain everything after classes are over, lets go to the astronomy tower." You whispered, she raised a perfectly arched eyebrow at you before nodding in silent agreement.

It wasn't long after classes had ended, both of you had decided to meet up in the astronomy tower. You were packing a jumper, along with snacks into a brown rucksack before you set off. It hadn't taken you long to realise the fact that you were going to have to tell her what happened there, only the night before. You took a deep breath, 'She's my best friend, she wouldn't tell on me, would she?... No. She wouldn't'. You bravely nodded to yourself, trying to gather courage as you set off on your quest. It wasn't at all the first time the two of you had done this, you had a well-rehearsed hiding routine and a backup lie for if you got caught.

Sneaking along near one of the walls, you listened carefully for any prefects or teachers that may be wandering around the halls. Tonight, however, there seemed to be absolutely none at all. It felt like taking a nice, leisurely stroll through the castle during the daytime. Which usually meant Harry Potter had been doing something, that would probably leave most first students shaken due to his antics.

Continuing on to the tower, you felt a wave of relief dust over you as you finally made it to the corridor before the stairs. Turning the corner you started to pick up the pace, just to make sure not to get caught in the last stretch. Your plan was going well until you noticed two figures not too far away from you, confusion rushed through your mind as it realised who they were. Valerie Black and Professor Snape enveloped in each other's arms in an embrace, you watched as she kissed him on the cheek. "I'll miss you, my dear..." She muttered to him.