Chapter Nine

Letting out a small groan, you batted your eyes open to find yourself in an unfamiliar but beautiful place. As you adjusted it only took you a moment to realise where you were, 'oh gosh' you let out a small gasp as you shot up, sitting up as straight as a knife. A blanket that had been draped on your shoulders fell into your lap, you felt a small light blush rise to your cheeks as you realised Remus had put it on you. Unable to believe you had fallen asleep in his study, you let out a frustrated sigh as you grasped how worried your housemates could possibly be. Taking in your surroundings, you glanced to the desk to see a full, hot cup of tea awaiting you.

Warmth filled your heart as you wrapped your cold fingers around the mug it was in, taking a sip of the comforting beverage you let out a content sigh. It was perfect. The clattering of books came from up a small flight of stairs in the room, as curiosity took advantage of you, you sluggishly stood up from the chair you had slept on. Slowly, you made your way up the stairs, tea in hand, to see Remus rapidly flipping through the pages of a few books. His messy brown hair, matched with his focused disposition gripped your heart tight, pulling it into a comforting hug. A sudden sense of cingulomania taking over you.

Taking small strides you ended up behind the professor, leaning your head on his arm you felt him lean his weight into you. "Good morning," he muttered almost indistinctly, somehow maintaining a loving tone even if being lost in a pool of his own thoughts. "Good morning..." You greeted back in response, sleep still clouding your vocal cords as you tried to wake up as fast as you could. You weren't particularly a morning person, but if you were going to wake up to his face every morning, you just might be one. Your mind spiralled off into scenarios of the two of you in the future, most of them ending up stuck somewhere in a type of amorphous blob, while he continued to be lost in the pages of his books.

You two stayed in the position for a short while, letting out a small sigh, you pulled away first from the affectionate moment. "What are you researching?" you asked curiously, he broke his gaze from the book for just a moment to give you a kind brief smile. "I'm not, I'm just trying to find a particular line in this book." He shook the tattered book lightly in his hands, accentuating the urgency to find it. "I've been meaning to underline it for quite some time, I misplaced my pen while reading it and never ended up getting around to it" glancing over at the front cover you read it silently to yourself, 'Blood Brothers: My Life Amongst Vampires', it sounded quite intriguing, to say the least. Letting out a small hum, you gulped your tea as you stood watching him flip through the book for what felt like hours. Without a care in the world, you continued to stay beside him, wanting to know what line had him this scattered.