Chapter Seven

'I better hide.' Looking around at your surroundings, you realised there was nowhere at all. That was when you heard a person quietly clear their throat behind you, turning around you came nose to nose with Remus. A hot blush rushed to your cheeks as you stared into his mysteriously beautiful eyes, you noticed a light pink tint light up his face slightly when he gaged how close the two of you were. You saw him peek around the corner, before gaining the same look of confusion as you for a moment before turning back to you. "Let's get out of here, I don't really fancy Snape slipping something into my morning brew." He joked, you gave him a short nod accompanied by a smile.

Suddenly, the professor cleared his throat loudly at the sound of Snape's footsteps approaching. "Miss (L/N)!" Lupin exclaimed, he winked at you in a signal to play along. "A-ah professor!-" You stammered hearing Snape's footsteps stop. "What are you doing out of bed after hours?" He acted curious, though you were trying your hardest not to laugh at his acting. "Well... I don't really know... I..." Humming, you pretended to sound confused as hard as you could, "Oh well, let's get you back to the Hufflepuff common room, I'll escort you." He amplified his voice to make sure they could hear before starting to walk away. You followed quickly behind him, not truly knowing where you were going with him.

It was exciting walking around the halls with Remus, even if you were unaware of where you were going, you recognised the areas of the castle you were in. Glancing at him from the side, your eyes glazed over his body until landing at the sight of his empty hand. 'I wanna hold it...' You pouted mentally, you knew it was too risky to hold his hand in the hall due to prefects. The thought, however, continued to linger in your mind; your cold hand brushing against his, him holding it tightly and just smiling at you. It made you feel all fuzzy inside.

After a while of walking, the two of you finally made it to what looked to be his study. Once he had unlocked the door, he looked back at you with kind eyes followed by a warm smile. "Come in (Y/N)" his voice was like velvet at that moment, like a lost puppy you followed him into his study with small, shuffling movements. It felt almost like you didn't deserve the loving treatment that he was just so graciously handing over to you, but you knew what you'd say even now if he had asked to be yours. You knew at that moment last night when he kissed you that you would forever long to be in his arms once more, feeling his lips on yours. It felt like now, you needed it to survive.

Closing the door behind him, you heard him mutter a charm before hearing it lock. His stunning eyes met yours once more, you could swear your heart was going to explode as you noticed him walking over. Opening his arms, he gestured for a hug that you happily accepted. Feeling at home once more in his warmth, in the way he gave you his affection, in the way he smelt, and in the way he seemed to start loving you.