Chapter Ten

A few days had passed since you'd fallen asleep in Lupin's study. Ever since that day, your mind had been drifting off into different realities. You were fully unable to comprehend how someone so beautiful was falling for you, even if you weren't 'official', it was still mind-boggling to you. Whenever you fell asleep, he would appear in your dreams, and when you were awake, he would run through your mind. It was remarkable that one man could take up such a large part of your time.

Currently, you were in potions class with Valerie once more. You hadn't once brought up her relationship with professor Snape, however, it only made sense now. The looks that she gave him whenever he was in front of the two of you, the way he would ignore any bad thing she did. You wished she didn't lie about it though. Every time you had joked about it to her, she acted as if you'd just suggested the worst thing in the world, but you were happy for her no matter what she chose.

Catching her glancing at Snape once more, you let out a small giggle, nudging her lightly. She turned to look at you with a confused, flustered expression before pouting, "Don't even say it." She murmured, continuing to chop up the ingredients for your potion. Deciding to remain oblivious, you playfully rolled your eyes, opening your copy of advanced potion-making. Hoping that one day she would just tell you about her feelings for him. 'Maybe I should bring up Remus at some point' you thought, shaking off the thought quickly you held a small smile on your face, 'Maybe when we properly end up together'.

Potions continued, as usual, you would 'help' awkwardly while Valerie made a perfect potion for the two of you to give in. You didn't really have the best grades in the class, so it was good to have her on your side. She was also able to hand in the work so that you didn't have to mentally cry every time you came near the black-haired professor. Just the thought of his glare was enough to cause an anxious shiver to go down your spine. Quietly, you watched her stir the potion a few times before picking up the cauldron, giving you a wide grin as she did so.

"All done!" she exclaimed happily, turning to make her way over to Professor Snape, who was already looking in our general direction. You could have sworn you saw a small smile appear on his face as she approached him, it wasn't like anyone else would have noticed anyway. They were all focused on finishing their potions, or trying to fix the mess they had made. Looking down at your desk, you waited for her to return as you thought about Remus once more. 'How long will it take for him to ask? What if he doesn't want this to be official?' Worry started to creep up on your shoulder, the possibility that he might not want to be with you had never tried to cross your mind until now.

Maybe it was the sight of someone you knew being in something official, seeming just as happy as you were, if not more so. A sad smile crawled onto your features, you were happy for her, but somehow you felt yourself start to feel so empty. Hearing Valerie's footsteps come closer, you looked up, faking a happy smile as she waved. "He said we're allowed to leave... I might stay for a little while after class to do some homework," she smiled, waving you off lightly, "I'll see you at dinner." Continuing to force your smile, you nodded at her before gathering your things and leaving the classroom. You had too much to think about, it was tearing your mind apart piece by piece without you even noticing.