Book of Hours

Moz sat across from Neal and Liz drumming his fingers against the table.

"Please stop," Neal finally said.

"It's part of my process. Besides Liz isn't complaining," Moz noted.

Liz took out an earbud "huh?"

"I stand corrected." Moz sighed "Look, either you taught her too well or it's just a bottle,"

"It's more than that," Neal said as he looked at the abandoned wine bottle "This is the only thing Kate left me. There's a message here," Neal's cell phone rang "Hello? Yeah, Peter. I'll be down in five. Oh, okay. I'm coming right now,"

"Oh, the man interferes yet again,"

"Can you please..."

"Yes. I'll take it back to the lab, run some tests,"

Liz scrunched her eyebrows together in confusion "You don't have a lab. You have a storage unit,"

Neal laughed "Thanks, Moz,"

"Text me if it gets interesting!" Liz called out as her father left. She looked over and saw Moz staring at the bottle "Or something small,"

***

Neal followed Peter through a church.

"The bible belonged to the Church of St. Camillus de Lellis in Naples." A priest explained to the duo "It was brought here in 1903. Been in the heart of our parish. Now this." he showed them an empty glass case.

"No alarm, no witnesses." the female agent explained "No sign of forced entry It looks like a smash and dash,"

"Anything unusual that night, Father?" Peter questioned.

"No." The priest replied "Not that I recall,"

Peter nodded before turning to his team "Have ERT run the prints against the parish roster. Something tells me we'll get a few matches,"

"Nobody from this parish stole that Bible," Barelli argued.

"Oh, sure. You guys are all choirboys, right, Barelli?"

"No surveillance cameras," Neal noted.

"The Lord sees all," Barelli said. "And that's good enough for us,"

"Maybe I'm getting my St. Whatevers mixed up," Peter said, "but didn't you used to run a soup kitchen here?"

"Not anymore," The priest said.

***

"Who steals a Bible?" Liz wondered as she and her father stood outside on the balcony. "I mean I get people to steal everything. But a bible?" she looked at her father "Would we steal one? In theory?"

"They're rare. It makes them valuable, but not like a Picasso," Neal explained. "It's definitely a niche market. It's tough to fence. People get weird about buying stolen religious artifacts,"

"That's ironic," Liz snorted.

"Though shall not steal," Neal quoted.

Liz shrugged "It depends what's important to people. Did you know that an original Star Trek dome lunchbox goes for 600 bucks?"

"Is this your way of hinting at what you want for your birthday?" Neal teased.

Liz shrugged "Some girls want diamonds and jewelry, I want the newest tech and movie mobilia,"

"Well, I want to know more about this missing bible,"

"Well, your missing book is famous. It's known as the Healing Bible,"