Threads [3]

Neal entered the office after eating lunch with his daughter "Hey." he greeted "What's going on?"

"They're moving me now," Tara explained.

"To protective custody? No one's threatening you,"

"They're not taking any chances. I came here to get an agent, make contact. Not this," Tara admitted as she shook her head in denial.

"It's going to be okay, all right?" Neal assured. "If anyone can catch Ghovat, it's him,"

"Really?"

"He's the best,"

"I just got word from Jones," Peter announced.

Neal took notice of a new watch Peter was wearing "Whoa! New watch,"

"Oh, yeah, a gift from Elizabeth, thank you very much,"

"No sundial to clutter it up, very nice. What's Jones got?"

"Dmitri's at a fashion show,"

"Lucky him,"

"Guess who's with him?"

"Who?"

"Remember that model that was with Ghovat last night?"

***

Peter and Neal stood watching the model at the fashion show.

"However you got us in here, I don't want to know," Peter said.

Neal only smirked, knowing fully well that Liz had used one of her contacts to get them into the show. He nodded towards the model "That's our girl,"

"That's our Dmitri." Peter noted "Guy always looks like he's waiting for something to happen. Maybe he's waiting for Ghovat,"

"He lost his phone last night if that was his only connection..."

"He's figuring his only way back in is through the girl,"

"I'll buy that. Want to go check it out?"

"No, I can't. I start flashing my badge, they'll scatter like rats,"

"You trust me?"

"Nope,"

"Do you trust me to talk to Dmitri?"

"What are you thinking?"

"Stand there and look menacing,"

"What?"

"Stand there and look menacing." Neal repeated only to roll his eyes at Peter's attempt "No. Peter, menacing. You look like your kid just struck out,"

"What? This is menacing,"

Neal shook his head "No, it's not,"

"What are you ta..."

"No, it's not, that's not it,"

"Menacing!"

"Yeah, that's it right there. Cross your arms." Neal adjusted Peter's jacket.

"What are you doing?"

"I want him to know you're packing." Neal put a pair of sunglasses on Peter "Yep. Now say I'll be back,"

"No,"

Neal smirked as he approached Dmitri "Hey, Dmitri, right?"

"I never got your name," Dmitri inquired.

"No, you didn't,"

"What are you doing here?"

"Same thing you are. Just waiting for a chance to talk to our beautiful friend. You enjoy the party?"

"A little too much excitement for my taste,"

"You know what they say. It's not a party 'til the police break it up," Neal laughed.

"Yeah, you little even may have attracted a wrong element." Dmitri said unamused "As a matter of fact, my phone was stolen,"

"That can make it tough to contact people. But there are always ways to get in touch with someone,"

"All right, let's cut the act. We both know why we're here. I don't know who you are, but you're way out of your league. This game takes way more than money,"

"You're not the only buyer interested in what Ghovat is selling,"

"I'm the only one that matters. You and your friend should take a walk," Dmitri nodded to a guard by the door who moved to show his gun.

***

"He's definitely here to buy." Neal noted as he and Peter walked out onto the street "That girl could lead him to wherever Ghovat is staying,"

"I'll have Jones keep tailing him," Peter said.

"Hey, man, for the record? You are much scarier than that other guy. Much,"