Pilot

"Here I go," Neal muttered to himself as he gave himself a shave. Using the water he slicked his hair back as well, opening the cover he took out plastic bags which contained clothing items of a guard's uniform. A bell rang and Caffrey took it as his cue to leave the 'Staff Only' marked bathroom. Other prisoners watched as Neal walked passed the guards like a ghost, but they remained silent as they went on with their work.

"Single file. Single file," A guard told prisoners as they walked passed Caffrey. Reaching a door Neal took out an ID card and swiped it through the card reader, the door buzzed and opened to let him through.

A guard stopped the door but opened it, giving Caffrey a nod as he exited the prison doors.

Neal was finally free, he headed to the back of the building where a van was unlocked, Caffrey knelt down to hotwire the van but noticed a sticky note saying 'glove compartment'. Neal shook his head as he opened the glove compartment and sure enough, the keys to the van were in there as well as a thing of cash. When he started the van a song began playing 'Hold On I'm Coming' by Sam & Dave's. "Seriously?" Caffrey laughed as he pulled out of the prison and took off down the road. Neal stopped the van next to a sidewalk sale and looked at some coats.

"Hey, how you doing man?" the seller asked

"I'm good. How are you doing?" Caffrey asked

"I'm fine,"

Neal put on a yellow jacket and felt a rustle in one of the pockets and took out another sticky note with the same handwriting he had found in the van saying 'This one. Don't let the seller fool you, it's worth 3 bucks'.

"Only 5 bucks, man," The seller said

"I'll give you $3," Neal hassled

***

Neal stood in front of an airport parking wearing the yellow jacket and ran over to a fancy black car.

The driver handed Caffrey the keys to the vehicle, believing Neal to be a worker "Take good care of her. I'll be back in a month," the driver handed off a hundred dollar bill.

"Thank you, sir," Neal said

"Not a scratch,"

Caffrey got into the car and began to drive off.

***

Neal slowly rotated a Bordeaux wine bottle in his hands, sighing.

Peter walked down the hallway toward the room Caffrey was in "I see Kate moved out."

Neal looked up, sighing

"She leave you a message in that?"

"The bottle is the message," Caffrey said

"It's been a while,"

"Yeah, few years, give or take,"

"You carrying?"

"You know I don't like guns,"

"They asked me, what makes a guy like you pull a boneheaded escape with four months to go?"

"Guess you figured it out,"

"Kate says adios to you in prison and gets busy with her disappearing act. The trail ends here. But you already know that,"

"Missed her by two days,"

"Still. Only took you a month and a half to escape a supermax. Damn impressive."

Neal managed a small laugh.

Peter's radio buzzed "Subject identified and unarmed,"

"Roger that," the radio buzzed