20| The Unknown

Nathaniel's tongue snakes into my mouth as his hands engulf my back brushing up until his hands are tangled in my hair

Nathaniel's tongue snakes into my mouth as his hands engulf my back brushing up until his hands are tangled in my hair. He gives it a tight tug pulling my lips from his. He smirks at me and slowly kisses his way down my face until they are firmly on the pulse on my throat. He chuckles a dark sound and licks the pulse ice-cold needs dives into my center and then my skin is glowing hot with flames.

Literal flames start growing over my legs and climbing higher, licking at Nathaniel who doesn't move out of them just lets them engulf the both of us.

"So warm." He breathed against my neck before sucking the skin into his mouth, a sigh leaving my body. I can feel the scrape of his teeth against my skin and it sends my heart rate soaring. He chuckles again against my skin.

"It's time to wake up now, Morgan." His words are full of humor but in my needy haze, they don't make sense. I pull back to see him smirking at me.

"What?" My voice sounds far away and then slowly Nathaniel's dark eyes shift into darkness.

"Morgan, button it's time to wake up." Annie's voice calls into the darkness and I open my eyes to find the early morning light filling the bedroom. I stare at the white walls for a moment trying to make sense of my sudden sleepy haze. It was a dream, I sigh loudly and I hear Annie laughing as she walks up the hallway.

I pulled the blanket off of me, slightly disappointed that my brain had come up with such an amazing dream. The feeling of Nathaniel's cold lips had felt so read that I swear I can still feel them on my lips.

I swing my legs over the edge of the bed, shocked by the slightly smokey scent pushed out with them, I look down to see the tips of my pants singed. A smile lifts my lips, maybe all of it hadn't been a dream after all.

I remember back to the night before when Nathaniel's lips had ripped away from mine the second the fire started bouncing its way up my leg. He left me alone on the patio as he blurred in his rush away from me, heading towards the forest.

I laugh as I jump out of bed remembering him and then head to get dressed. Annie meets me in the kitchen with the usual breakfast and a smile.

We have a nice silent breakfast together for the first time since my first weekend and I enjoy her company, then with rain tumbling down outside Annie drives us up to the school.

The front of the school is filled with cars - well more than usual with three black cars sitting on the edge of the small parking lot. Annie notices them the same time I do and her eyes turn a pale misty color. She turns to me with a smile on her face but even I can tell how fake it is.

"Annie, what's going on?" My voice is as caring as possible, Annie shakes her head.

"Nothing to worry about button, how about you head in first and I'll see what's going on?" I nod my head, even though I would rather stay here and support her. I know that she's more than capable of taking care of herself and more than that I would probably just hinder the conversation.