|2| b u r g e r

Writing has always been my passion. It brings me to different places by just writing a few lines and paragraphs. It gives me a different identity with every page and letter and what I love most about it, is the power it gives you. Writing is not just about simply expressing yourself. It gives you the power over someone's mind and emotion.

You can tell them what to believe, what to find amusing. Show them a different world or affect what they feel. Writing's my escape, it's where I go after a long exhausting day or just like when my mom didn't buy me that cute little Mini Dachshund that I already named Whisky when I was twelve because I couldn't take care of it-according to her, even if I knew deep inside that I could and would. Just like when my crush talked to me for the first time, when I lost my phone and too scared to tell mom and much more.

To write is what I do when I can't have my own love story. When there's this idea that kept ringing inside my head that takes all my concentration to focus, it's what I do when things just don't go right and I feel sad and lonely. I write because in writing, there's no one else but me. My thoughts, ideas and what I feel, that's all that matters, not what they think. Not what's supposed to be real, not even what the society thinks is right. In writing, I'm free. Something you can't easily find in the real world where anyone can judge you. Everyone will say something about what you do-whether it's acceptable or not, good or bad.

Ever since I was ten, I had this dream of writing for the school paper. To be able to write and make a statement that can be read by the majority of kids my age at the same time is something that can be provided by the school paper, and that is my goal.

So call me crazy but I'll make sure that I have this spot. To be able to put into context my ideas and opinions about different things here in our high school.

Now, Austin Ford. Why him? Honestly, there's a lot of other people who I can interview-preferably someone who isn't a guy and is my friend. Heck, even just an acquaintance would do. So why Austin of all people? Well the answer would be simple.

It's because, Austin Ford is Austin Ford. If there would be one word to describe him, that would be versatile. He can be anything he wants. He can be the director that tells the actors what to do. The actor who plays out the role or part of the audience, who watches the play with concentration. He's a senior just like me. He's my classmate in Literature and Home EC in fact and used to be a Basketball player for our school last year and he also joined the Debate Club which makes him fall into two categories-Jock and Nerd.

But being the weird person that he is, he gave up both - The debate and basketball teams this summer before the classes started. Saying that instead of pulling his grades up, his activities dragged it down instead.

My idea is simple actually, if I want to interview someone who's a regular person that's significant to our school, it had to be Austin. Because he experienced both sides of the coin. The north and south, the front and back, summer and winter, hot and cold so if my greatest point would be - pedestrian people are significant because it doesn't mean that if we just balance things out we aren't special anymore. I had to interview someone who knows the in and out of the opposite cliques to prove my point and that would be Austin.

I need to show the whole school that you don't have to be an invisible yet bullied nerd nor a bitchy head cheerleader with fake everything from nose to butt to be special, I need to show the school that someone like us, been a nerd and also a jock but chose to become a regular person because it doesn't make you any less special.

I had to show them, that even if Austin experienced both the flat and smooth surfaces of the coins. He chose the round, rough edges. The middle part that no one bothers to look at. But without that part, a coin wouldn't have sides. Without us, no one can be on top nor at the bottom.