|15| s o u p

"Man I swear, this tastes like boiled socks!" Vincent grumbled in disgust, lifting his spoon up a little from his bowl of chicken noodle soup, that he bought from the cafeteria as he inspected the weird-colored fluid in his spoon.

"Well you could've looked at it first before cutting in line just to buy a bowl of whatever that thing is," Patrick told Vincent as he peered over at the bowl. His nose scrunching up together as he cringe at whatever he saw.

Being the naturally curious person that I am, I decided to be a slave to human nature and take a fast peek at the 'sock' soup as Vincent liked to call it since he sat down. "Ugh Vincent that smells horrible! Throw that thing away!" I whined loudly, grimacing at the yellowish substance with suspicious looking objects floating on it, spinning in circles as he continued to stir it with his spoon.

Noticing that Vincent wouldn't probably follow my reasonable suggestion basing on the way he looked at the bowl in front of him longingly, I quickly slid the blue bowl across, placing it in front of me and held it carefully with two hands.

"Hey that's mine!" He protested, reaching out for the bowl but I quickly swatted his hands away and pulled it towards my side protectively, where I know he wouldn't be able to reach it.

"Oh come on Vincey! It smells awful," Lily piped in, earning a cheeky glare from Vincent.

"But it costs a dollar! What freaky thing costs a dollar and tastes like socks? I'm gonna eat that thing no matter what," he muttered eagerly, reaching out for the bowl and failing again as I pulled it farther away from him.

"Stop it Vincent! I'm gonna give you a dollar, just let me throw this...thing away," I promised with a huge grin, using my 'it's business' tone.

Slumping in his seat in defeat, he crossed his arms over his chest and let out a puff of air. "Fine."

I chuckled lightly at his childishness and handed the bowl to Patrick who's seated beside me. He gave me a perplexed look, eying the bowl in my hand as I pushed it towards him but he leaned away. Giving him my sweetest smile, I pushed the bowl further to him, silently begging him to throw it away for me, or for the benefit of all of us eating at this table.

He silently groaned and playfully rolled his eyes before unwillingly rising up from his seat, clutching the bowl in his hand. I watched him as he ambled towards the nearest trash bin and throw the contents of the bowl away.

I smiled softly as I see him scratch the back of his head and frown at the soup as it slowly pours from the bowl and into the bin. Doing nasty things like throwing awful-smelling unidentified objects (also called by our group as USO or Unidentified Stinky Objects) is Patrick's weakness and most hated job, but I can't help but grin at his choice to throw it away for me, despite his natural hatred for it.

That's just Patrick, he's naturally awesome and amazing.

"Aw look at it! He threw it away for you," Lily cooed, eyes beaming enthusiastically as she gripped tightly onto my arm and pointed towards where Patrick stand.

"That's so not a big deal, Austin can throw away a stinky smelling soup too! Heck, I can even throw it myself. It's not like it's a life-saving ability," Kayla who's seated beside Vincent; who's watching us confusedly, huffed out, rolling her eyes and crossing her arms over her chest.

Lily gasped out loudly, abruptly releasing my hand from her hold. "Patrick's our friend! We're supposed to support him."

"That's exactly the point my dear Lily. Just because you're supposed to, it doesn't mean you have to," Kayla retorted smartly, raising up her chin as a smug grin made its way to her lips. Vincent watched them both in amusement, his eyes flicking over Lily to Kayla and back.