|39| c o f f e e

"You know, you never told me what's inside that letter," I told my sister, reminding her of the letter from Finn that I've given her before he left. We were sprawled together, side by side on my bed with heartbreaking songs playing on repeat at the background.

It took me an hour of telling her everything, and it took her a minute to grab her iPod to play every heart breaking song in her playlist. It matches the moment, she said. And then, she began sharing tales of her own heartache - Finn.

"I guess I just... I don't know... too hurt, I guess to even talk about it," she said, folding her arms underneath her head.

"Does it still hurt?" I turned my head to look at her, noticing that she took in a deep breath and closed her eyes as if in pain.

"I actually have a confession to make," she whispered, opening her eyes.

"Okay...?" I bit my lip in anticipation as I waited for her revelation, my mind swirling with the hundreds of different possibilites that those words could bring.

"I saw him again last week."

"What?!" I yelped, moving to a sitting position. Camille groaned and sat up, too.

"Yes, I saw him, okay? And just... he's just... he looked so good. His hair is a lot shorter now, he has a nice built and he got taller. He even has a slight tinge of accent. And then, we decided to catch up. Um, have some coffee at the coffee shop around the block. Then..." She closed her eyes again and drew in a large breath.

"Then?" I urged her to continue, my own voice shaking from anxiousness.

She opened her eyes and bit on her lip. "Then I... I... my god. I slept with him."

"What?!"

She groaned, grabbing my pillow to hit her head with it. "I know! I know! It's so stupid of me, and he has a girlfriend back in London for Christ's sake, and I... god. It's stupid."

"How? I-I... how?" I asked her, struggling to force the words out of my mouth.

Running her hands over her face in frustration, she clicked her tongue together and frowned. "It was just... it just happened. One moment we were just watching T.V. in my apartment, the next moment we were leaning towards each other for a kiss."

"What did he say after?"

She pursed her lips, pain flickering in her eyes as she recalled the memory. "He told me that it was a mistake. That it wasn't supposed to happen. That he loves his girlfriend right now."

"Oh, Camille," I quickly pulled her into my arms and let her cry on my shoulder, ignoring the fact that it was already four in the afternoon, yet I haven't taken a shower. My sister needed me, I'd be there for her. Freshly showered or not.

"When he left me there in my bed, with nothing but the sheets we made love on around me as he ran away as fast as he could. I couldn't help but pity myself, you know? How stupid and reckless of me. I even stalked him and his girlfriend on Facebook after. She's not even pretty," she grumbled in my neck. I chuckled lightly.

"That's not nice. She didn't do anything to you," I told her, leaning away a little.

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah, whatever."

"Camille," I said in a warning tone, causing her to frown deeper and huff.

"I know."

"So why did you do it? What made you do it?"

She sighed. "The letter."

My brows shot up at the news. Now I was a lot more interested on what was inside the  letter that urged my sister to sleep with her committed ex.