|13| s n i c k e r s

"So where are we going?" I asked Austin excitedly as I make myself comfortable in the leather-covered passenger seat of his car.

I heard him sigh tiredly before strapping his own seat belt and putting the car on drive. Hearing the engine roar to life, I quickly fumbled for my own seat belt and pulled it over my small frame.

"Hill of Orion," he muttered nonchalantly, eyes focused on the road as he rounded around a corner.

"You just did not!" I gasped, holding my hand to my chest dramatically and pointing out a finger to him.

He glanced swiftly at me, annoyance flickering in his eyes before turning back his attention to the wheel. "What? What did I do?"

Clicking my tongue together, I rolled my eyes and slumped viciously into my seat, crossing my arms over my chest. "You're supposed to say surprise not actually answer my question. Haven't you read any cheesy romance book at all? The guy never answers the question," I huffed out, stressing each syllable for emphasis.

He nodded his head thoughtfully, probably pondering what I've just said. "You're right," he suddenly agreed making me grin devilishly. I opened my mouth to tell him how awesome I am, but stopped when he held out a finger, telling me to pause. With a smirk playing on his lips, he moved a little closer to me and whispered, "But...the point is, we're not dating. We're not even friends." And then my smile fell.

"Oh come on! We don't have to be dating or even friends to use that cliche line! Don't be such a killjoy man," I whined, pouting out my lower lip childishly.

It could've been nice if he said 'surprise' then I would force the answer out of him but then he wouldn't budge. So I'd be waiting impatiently in my seat until we arrive, but will be so surprised when we stop at Hill of Orion.

A little fun wouldn't be that bad right? Besides what would he lose if he adds a little spark to his boring, grumpy life?

But oh well, this is Austin.

Rolling his eyes at me, he leaned back in the driver's seat and gripped the wheel tighter. "Psh."

"Psh, psh, psh," I mocked, sticking out my tongue to him and shifting grumpily in my seat to face the window. I watched the streets outside as it slowly changed from loud and bustling establishments to a calm and forest-y scenery.

The long concrete road was mostly empty aside from few cars that are parallel to us and an old rusty, beat up truck, in front of Austin's blue Ford Ranger.

Feeling uncomfortable with the silence, I coughed awkwardly and stretched out my limbs a little. "I thought you don't have a car?" I asked casually, trying to make a conversation as I let my eyes rove over the inside of the vehicle, voicing out the question I have been meaning to ask since I met him at the parking lot after detention.

This car is quite cool. Totally not his personality.

"I don't, This is my mom's"

Oh. So that's why.

Nodding, I placed my hand on my lap and eyed the radio keenly, pursing my lips together as I try to refrain myself from turning it on.

This isn't your car Anna. This isn't you car.

"Would you mind?" I asked, letting my hands hover near the buttons.

"Go ahead." He nodded. His eyes still trained on the road as he continued to drive in an average speed.

I practically squealed but covered it as a cough, which he obviously noticed from the way his eyes rolled and his lips twitched slightly upwards. Quickly pressing the button, I released a soft sigh when the sound of an acoustic guitar filled the small space in such a beautiful harmony.