c h a p t e r - 15

'Someday I would have my place. My world won't be confined to my room. I will stumble sleepily through the house in the morning, opening the blinds. I will sit out in the backyard and look at the stars. I will go out whenever I want to. I will survive long enough to have that.'

***

Why do I regret some decisions I make with this guy here?

I am damn sure I will have a heart attack before getting off this stupid bike. Why do all bad boys have to have a bike to kill their girl?

Ughh.

Even if I feel I'm on a death ride as the speed he is driving is insane but is it bad that I am beginning to like this insane feeling?

The way the wind is rushing past my hair and the way the stars are shining upon us make me forget about everything.

The moon looks prettier today. Seeing the sky while having fun with my favorite person seems like a dream.

It somehow reminds me of something I read some time ago.

If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night. I bet they'd live differently.

Cause when you look at infinity, you realize there are more important things.

"Are you still scared?" Alex asked teasingly.

"Not now." I tried to say it a little more confidently but it came out not as what I expected.

"Your hands say something else," he said making me look at how my hands tightly held him.

Is it my fault that I believe I'll fly once I leave him?

Not really it's his fault as well as mine to agree for a ride to McDonald's.

But the sky is too pretty so I'll ignore the fear of flying and enjoy the night while it lasts.

We reached there in a few minutes and my hair was all over my face as I stood. I huffed annoyed at my hair's behavior.

Before I could fix it Alex came by my side and laughed as I stood like an angry bird.

I think I looked like one as I stood crossing my arms. He came closer and removed them gently.

"Let's go now," he said as his hands found mine and intertwining them he looks at me with a warm look in his eyes.

I smile softly and nod. Getting in there were a few groups of friends and an elderly couple sitting there.

The place looked crowded for this late night, I thought.

We sat next to the table of the couple. Not gonna lie they were super cute.

Bringing my attention back to Alex I saw him looking at the menu.

I didn't know what to order so I said," Can you order for me too?" at which he looked up and nodded.

It was a fun night. A lot of fun honestly. These are the late-night drives I'll look forward to.

The time when no one else matters around you as long as your person is next to you.

These small moments of affection and time are all that matters. I got to know so much about him today.

He loves reading books too which explains why I used to find him in the corner of the library when we didn't even know each other.

There were a few times when I just wanted to get away from these people, and my only comfort zone was our school's library and books.

And many of those times I saw him in the corner, a book in his hand and his head resting on the desk.