c h a p t e r - 34

'He taught me to live in fire, he threw me there

and then abandoned me on steppes of ice

My love, I know what you have done to me

But my love, what was it I did to you?'

***

Author's POV

"Who?" he repeated with cold eyes that she knew wasn't directed toward her.

He brought his hand under her chin before making it so that her eyes met his again.

Frustrated with her silence he ran his hand through his hair before he realized something.

Recently their school had planned some kind of event with another because of which few students from the other came here and our to theirs.

Unfortunately, when they returned from their trip Annika saw the girls from the planetarium. And a few more known faces.

They smirked when they saw her entering the school campus.

And she.....well she just rolled her eyes.

"They?" he asked and as soon as it all clicked he called someone.

She looked at him jaw dropped.

"What happened, Annika?" he asked seriously as soon as he was done with the call.

And her mouth got dry realizing she never called her name. He's angry obviously.

She sighed defeated before telling him. She didn't tell him what happened before too.

"Before transferring to this school.....I studied where they did. They bullied everyone.

Almost everyone. I didn't have any contact with them until this one party.

Where one of my close friends forced me to come.

Later when reaching there I realized I was called just called so that everyone had someone to laugh at.

And I may or may not have thrown my drink at one of the girls." She laughed remembering how she felt bad.

Not for the girl.

Oh no she deserved that.

But for her drink. It was yum.

"And then I got away from the party. Easily actually since the girl was cursing at her and everyone gathered around her.

After that, I got too caught up with everything about what everyone thought about me. They didn't bully me.

But they spread nasty rumors about me. And god that was crazy. Even the teachers believed that.

They cyberbullied me and I deleted my account.

All my so-called friends stopped talking to me and snickered whenever they saw me and I finally told my parents."

The whole year made me more socially anxious than before.

But I got better.

"And today..." She said finally looking at him who was staring at her the whole time.

His face was blank but his eyes showed his anger.

"They made jokes about my sister. And I guess I got angry...." She flinched a little remembering how she hit one of the girls.

"I forgot I was alone." She said shrugging.

"I think I just needed a reason to hit them. I didn't have one months ago but I got to do it finally," she said not caring at all.