c h a p t e r - 17

'And they keep asking me where happiness can be found, but I'm no longer trying to find happiness. I just appreciate where I am and then happiness finds me.'

***

ALEX'S POV-

"Are you guys already a couple?" Noah asked while we are break after a tough practice.

"I haven't proposed to her yet," I said as I realized how stupid I'll be if I wait for more time just to ask her to be mine.

"Yet you're the best couple in the school," Lucas said from the back chuckling.

I smirked at this.

"Ah, I have a great idea for how you should propose to her," Noah said making me look at him curiously.

But before we could get on that coach called on us shouting that the break was over. We went back to the practice.

After an hour our practice was over. I talked with the guys while they were sharing about how I should ask her.

She must be in her dance practice. I thought...

Suddenly a girl whom I recognised as one of Annika's dance friends came to me running.

I was surprised as she looked really worried and tired.

"Calm down," Lucas said frowning and giving her a water bottle.

She refused and looked at me.

"Annika ha...has fainted." She said panting making my eyes widen in shock and panic.

"She must be in the restroom," Lucas said as he and I ran to the restroom.
Astoria stood out looking concerned and pacing back and forth.

"Finally," she said looking at us.

"She's in the room next to this," she said looking at me at which I nodded.

I saw her lying on the bed unconscious. My mind was in haywire as I recalled the past day's events.

She has been too tired lately. I closed my eyes sitting in the seat next to her bed.

I was angry at myself for not noticing the signs of her deterioration in health. The nurse entered the room and saw me.

"She has insomnia," she said casually.

"Lack of sleep caused her energy to drain quickly and she fainted." I looked at Annika's sleeping figure.

The nurse exited the room as the others enter. All of them looked worried.

Blair came to me and said," I have to tell you something".

I nodded and we went out of the room.

"She told me that she has already informed you about Mia". I nodded at this.

"This fainting was due to her death date coming closer. Every time on Mia's anniversary this happens." She said as I looked at her frowning.

"It happens many times but meeting you, I guess lessened the frequent number of times it happened".

"Just don't hurt her.....she gets closed off from everyone and seeing the way she is attached to you quickly I don't want her getting hurt...

she may be too emotional this time...but please stick with her." She said softly.

"You can trust me on this," I said seriously.

She nodded smiling and we went in again. This time Annika was awake.