c h a p t e r - 33

'Even in the daylight

Her spirit will wander

Into another place, another time, another dimension

Untamed, wild, and free

Walking the Earth until she comes home,

To the place where the lonely ones roam.'

***

                            ♡Author's POV♡

Annika was appalled about the dinner while Alex tried to calm her down from thinking worst-case scenarios.

For once she listened and continued her school routine.

Cursing the chemistry teacher? - Done

Roaming in the library like a lost soul? - Done

Annoying Alex? - Tried her best but couldn't when he instead started flirting with her.

Her poor plan backfired.

Poking Blair in the class to annoy the shit out of her? - ......Done but then was chased down the hallways until another class started.

She thought it was a great exercise.

Clinging to Alex like a spider monkey? - Done and he didn't mind at all.

Later in the evening, she paced in her room waiting for Alex.

He arrived a few minutes later and almost gave her a heart attack with his outfit.

He stared at her intently as she looked anywhere but him since she was flustered.

He didn't understand and got worried that she was not wanting to talk to him.

They were outside on her front door as he pulled her closer to him worriedly.

He didn't give a fuck about anyone seeing them as he was too busy understanding what happened.

"I...You...." Annika couldn't even decipher her blabbering and Alex was patient.

But she was saved as her mother arrived and asked them to come in.

Numerous questions were thrown his way....mostly from Annika's mom.

He answered them without panicking and instantly got on her mom's golden list.

Even more when he replied he was fluent in 4 languages.

He got Annika's dad's interest when he told about being fluent in Latin.

And they hit off instantly since the coach they met during their trip seemed to know Annika's father.

So far the dinner went great.

Both of them liked Alex which calmed down Annika's nerves.

After dinner, Annika took him to her room and plopped on the bed tiredly.

Even though most of the talking was done by Alex. Alex was still bothered by the fact that she wasn't telling why she was so flustered.

The thing is she got flustered cause he looked too handsome and she just got happy that he was hers.

Oh well, how will I tell him this now?

She pounders lying on the bed as Alex waits for her to say something.

She sits back up and Alex sits beside her. Wondering if he did something to make her upset.

"What happened, love?" he finally asks.