c h a p t e r - 19

'She's completely unexplainable. You think she's the good girl, but once you get to know her, you realize she's everything. She's crazy, she's funny, she's honest and you never know what she'll do next.'

***

AUTHOR'S POV-

Soon came the day before the trip. It was surely fun for the kids in the school.

But teachers knew how to ruin the fun.

They created a bunch of rules that are to be followed if you don't want to be left in between the trip.

That's what they said.

One of the rules that made almost everyone groan in the class was of separation of boys and girls.

It was rumored that Girl's trip is for another destination and Boy's for another.

But the only rule important was that both of the groups will be taken by different buses and will be in different rooms.

Well, that's obvious that they have to be in different rooms.

Though you know a few girls have to overreact to everything.

Annika and Alex didn't seem to care about it. Alex rarely showed any expressions in the class except for his very usual glare or scowl.

And about Annika, she just rolled her eyes ignoring the girls ogling over Alex.

ANNIKA'S POV-

"I'll wait outside the class," Alex whispered in my ear causing my cheeks to go crimson red.

Is this even a thing to blush about?

He noticed it obviously and smirked. Kissing the back of my hands and patting my back to go in.

I smiled at him shyly and moved in. The class as usual stared at me as they had seen a human with two heads.

I ignored it and sat at the seat in the middle.

I could hear the whispers of all others. Looks like they are short of content so they are talking about why Alex is with me.

"Huh, he has bad taste."

"He is just using her."

"Can't believe he is still with her."

I plugged in my earphones to avoid all this chatter. I wanted to stand up for myself and shout at them. But I didn't.

I hate that I can stand up for someone else but not for myself.

Even if I was able to avoid the unnecessary chatter of everyone around me.....I couldn't avoid my thoughts.

The class ended and not gonna lie I didn't hear a single word.

And I think no one heard a single word. All were busy in their world.

Anyways after the class, I saw Alex standing in front of the class scrolling on his phone. I sighed tired and moved to him.

He saw me and raised one of his eyebrows. He moved his hand in front of mine.

And I intertwined our hands.

"Still hate chemistry?" he asked referring to why I was so tired.

"This hate will stay forever," I said squinting my eyes and putting my other hand on my heart.

He chuckled and pulled me towards the parking lot.

"Library or my house?" he asked opening my side door.