c h a p t e r - 20

'It's easy to plan elaborate nights out but when someone can make you feel happy just by doing the smallest things, that's when you know you've got something special.'

***

My eyes fluttered open when I felt someone next to me. My body went in complete panic. I opened my eyes in complete panic, all my tiredness and sleep went away.

Looking around my body relaxed when I saw Alex lying on my bed amusement on his face. I narrowed my eyes at him as he was laughing at me.

Taking the pillow right next to me I hit him with that.

"You scared me." I whisper-yelled at him.

He was too busy laughing completely ignoring my words and me hitting him.

"I hate you," I said squinting my eyes at him.

He rolled his eyes with a small smile playing on his lips.

"You can't, even if you want to," he said pulling me so now my back was against his chest.

A sense of deja-vu came washing over me. It was the same position as the day before.

"Morning lil'one," he said softly giving a small kiss on my neck making chills run on my skin.

"How did you enter?" I asked curiously ignoring the way his firm hold on my waist made butterflies in my stomach.

A universal question for the butterflies by me. Do butterflies feel humans in their stomachs when they're in love or when they have a crush?

Guess I'll never get the answer to this question unless a butterfly reads it.

"You left the window open," he said shrugging as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"And you're here at 5 am because?" I asked amused looking back at him.

"Cause I couldn't afford to be late on the day of the trip sweetheart," he said teasingly making me roll my eyes.

That was true anyways.

"So now leave me so I can get ready," I said squirming in his hold.

"Alright," he said leaving me.

As soon as I got up from the bed he whistled. And I remembered I was wearing shorts and a crop top. I rolled my eyes.

"Pervert," I said and threw the pillow that was near me as he just chuckled at that dodging the pillow.

Before getting in the shower I picked out an outfit from my closet. A black off-shoulder top and denim high-waisted jeans.

After showering I quickly got dressed. Coming out I saw him watching his phone while sitting on my bed.

His eyes came on me darkening in an instant.

"Does this look alright?" I asked frowning while doing a little makeup.

He was now leaning on my closet looking at me with an expression I couldn't fathom.

How did he come to my closet so fast?

I swear I sometimes feel he is a vampire.

Turning around I moved closer to him.

"You look breathtaking," he said circling his arm around my waist, pulling me flush against him.

I found comfort and warmth in his arms. It felt nice and cozy.

"Are we not getting late now?" I ask teasingly.