Chapter 17

It was raining hard when they stepped out of the mall.

Ryujin looks up at the night sky, seeing the rain reflecting from the lamp post.

It's beautiful, she thinks. She finds it surprising she's not in a bad mood even if she doesn't have an umbrella with her, and her car is parked in the open parking space, a few feet away from where she's standing.

If she had been with Yuri tonight, she's sure she'll get scolded for not parking in the basement.

'It's always safe to park in the basement, boo,' she hears her wife's voice in her ears.

She smiles at the thought but forgets it the moment she feels the presence next to her.

"Do you have an umbrella with you?" Jisu asks, rubbing her hands along her arms to create warmth.

"I don't."

It's weird; Ryujin feels calm even with the bad weather. She's trying her best to fight the urge of wrapping her arms around Jisu.

No. It's not proper. She's already done a bold move in the cinema earlier. Holding her soulmate like that isn't something she should be comfortable doing.

"I'm sorry. I should have parked in the basement," she says instead.

"Hey. Don't be. It's not your fault. Rains are simply unpredictable at times." Jisu raises her hand and opens her palm, catching raindrops. "But they are pretty."

Unpredictable and pretty. Ryujin looks away and smiles, smelling the scent of the rain in the air. She sees some people walking along with the parking space.

The wind blows hard, causing some umbrellas to turn. Jisu instinctively hides behind her.

"Are you okay there?" Ryujin looks over her shoulders.

"Yeah... just... just a little cold..." Jisu clutches her coat tighter.

Ryujin looks ahead, eyes zoning on her car. She pulls her coat over her head.

"Wait here." she readies the car key in her hand.

"Where are you going?"

Ryujin nods her head in her car's direction. "I'll make a run for it."

And before Jisu can even protest, Ryujin's already dashing through the rain.

---

"Tsk. You're soaked, Ryujin."

"I'm not," Ryujin says, wiping her face and hair with a small towel.

"But your clothes are wet. Tsk." Jisu leans over her seat to grab the towel from Ryujin's hand and wipe her back with it.

"Hey. It's okay. I'll take a shower once I'm home."

"Then you can drop me off at the nearest station, so you can drive straight home."

"No. I'll drive you home, okay?"

"But Ryujin--"

"End of the discussion, missy." Ryujin pats Jisu's head.

"If you want to drive me home, then you will take a shower at my place, so I can dry your clothes before you go home."

Ryujin blinks at Jisu. "Y-your place?"

"Yes. I have a huge dryer there. I won't let you go home like that. You might catch a cold."

"But it'll take--"

"End of the discussion, missy." Jisu playfully throws the towel on Ryujin's face. "Either you drop me off at the nearest station or dry your clothes at my place."