Chapter 25

A/N

Hey guys!

I may not be able to post a chapter tomorrow as it is going to be really busy for me. I really don't have these chapters pre-written, but if I do manage to post something, it will probably be short.

Anyways, thank you for all your reviews and criticism!

*Edit* After some research, and reading a few comments, the proper name is a resonating chamber instead of a larynx. I came back and corrected this chapter after posting it!

Anyways, please enjoy!

----------------------------------

"Teaching the Teacher."

"A what?"

Grant snorted as he handed the boney object over to Owen as he said, "The resonating chamber of a Velociraptor. Don't tell me you failed anatomy in college."

Owen didn't remember jack from college. He only recalled one piece of advice that a high school teacher had given him.

If he had the art of bullshit mastered, he would get through college easily, and he had. It wasn't like he had studied to become a vet or anything major. He was smart, but he wasn't exactly book smart; he was good around animals.

He never needed to know the material, he only had to convince his professors that he knew it.

Owen gingerly took it in his hands before turning it over. It actually looked like an odd duck skull to him, but he glanced up when Grant said, "You can make similar sounds to the raptors if you figure it out. I doubt you'll be fluent, but at least you'll be able to communicate a little more to your raptors."

"How do I work it?"

Grant snorted before walking over. He pointed to the largest tube on the bone as he said, "You blow the air through here, but you're gonna have to figure out the fine tuning of the sounds by yourself. Hopefully you have some understanding girls. It's not pretty when you accidentally insult a hot-tempered Velociraptor."

Owen could only imagine, and he wasn't sure he would really use this around Blue until after figuring it out. Still, he was kind of excited to actually talk to his girls in a way that they'd understand.

And he had someone who could help him learn.

"Baby! Come here."

Elise paused from her squeaking toy, she felt so happily nostalgic with the familiar sounds. She almost had Small One's happy chirps replicated, but she squeaked a little more quietly as Owen walked over to the ledge before sitting on the striped line.

Owen smiled at her as he held up the resonating chamber, and he said, "I need you help with something."

Elise shoved the white toy between two teeth, like it was a toothpick, as she brought her gaze closer to inspect the object in Owen's hand. She had no idea what it was, and she glanced down when Owen's hip crackled before Gerry growled, "Owen. Did your girls get in a fight, or is that a rumor I'm hearing?"

Owen cringed slightly; Gerry hated it when his raptors got into fights. Blue and the girls were getting good at dodging his darts, and they had even made a game of it. It drove Gerry up the wall, but Barry had always found it funny.

"Ya, Doc. Blue and Elise got into it. Blue is fine, maybe a little sore, but Elise is going to need stitches...again."

Owen winced at the silence, and he could hear Gerry rolling his eyes in exasperation. The old vet finally sighed as he said, "Any way Elise will let Jackie do the stitches? I really want those two to get on good terms...and I need to...go back to the Triceratops herd again."