Chapter 18

It's not the Raptor DNA

A/N

Hey guys! Thank you so much for your reviews, but I am having problems with seeing any reviews you've posted in the past 18 hours or so. I'm not sure why it won't let me view your reviews, but I hope the problem gets sorted out. I'm not sure if the PM is being glitchy either, but regardless I just wanted you to know so no one thinks I'm ignoring your comments.

Anyways, please enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------

"You Are My Sunshine."

Elise hadn't been too happy when she had finally woken up. She had bared her teeth angrily before disappearing back into the thick jungle as she ignored Owen calling out her name. She wasn't in the mood for any more shots or magic tricks.

It should have been her clue when Gray had said trick.

Elise had gone out of her way to throw mud on every camera she found, and she had accidentally hit a few live birds. She felt kind of bad for that, but it was satisfying to hear Lowery's confused, indignant whining every time a camera went down.

She avoided Owen, and even Barry, for the next few days as she stuck close to Rexy for the most part. She wasn't in the mood to even be around Tim. She didn't want to see any humans. She didn't like how it made her feel when she realized she had passed out because of the little tube.

Owen sighed as he stood at the entrance of the empty jungle. He had really wanted to focus on Elise's sign language, but the Indominus wasn't in a cooperative mood. He knew she'd come around eventually. She would miss him way too much.

It was complete insanity at Jurassic World for the past few days. Owen felt like Claire really should have pushed the re-opening date to another week, but she had to prove to the board that she was a capable, no-nonsense leader.

Her workers were already planning her assassination.

They were working round the clock to repair all the damage, the labs were scrambling to recover lost data, and ACU was combing over the island for prion infected scavengers.

The Triceratops had been infected with prions. She was the first one the labs had tested. ACU had backtracked on her trail that led all the way to the northern beaches; they had found her footprints in the sand. They had also found dead Compsognathus, compys, on the beach. ACU wasn't sure how the first one had gotten the prions, but the half eaten corpses clued in to how the others had caught it.

Claire had ordered ACU to gather all corpses found on the island for proper disposal. Owen had a feeling a lot of scavenger species on the island were going to suffer, but Claire wasn't willing to risk the park. She was hoping the disease would wipe out all the infected ones.

They still hadn't discovered the source of the prions, but Owen knew it wasn't his girls. There was no way it was them.

But the little, dark thoughts in the back of his head just wouldn't shut up about it.

Tim had been losing sleep over Rexy as well, but he was sure she didn't have it. She would have died already, and the old lady was still feisty.

But no one could find Elise, and Owen had convinced himself that she was just super pissed at him and not a rotting corpse with torn grass around her.

The park was scheduled to open tomorrow, and no one seemed ready for it. No one had the cheery mood Jurassic World was known for. The fear of closing for good seemed to be hanging low in a suffocating way. Even some of the animals seemed depressed. Owen's girls sensed their caretakers' stress, and they didn't like it.