Chapter 62

A/N

Hey guys! How's life going?

Guest, I try to update every other day because of school, work, and to make the chapters longer.

OREO, I have not actually; I was told about them, and I really want to try one.

The Only Potato, thanks for the ideas :)

Guest, I have not actually been to the National Dinosaur Monument before, but it sounds pretty awesome. Ian probably will not make an cameo.

Kim K's Butt, you make me laugh a lot, and I thank you for that.

JustAnotherGuest, Sorry for the scare.

Guest who keeps asking me for the Carnotarus, I know they are in the novel; I'm sure they're roaming around the island doing their own thing. I don't add those others because I'm not familiar with them, I don't feel like spelling those names, and I don't have a purpose for adding them. In all sincerity, you truly seem passionate about them, and I encourage you to create your own story that could incorporate those dinosaurs.

Now here comes the part where I really get to see who reads the A/N. I touch up with the paintball guys in here, and I want you to know that this is NOT the last time I write about them. I do intend to have Bridges clarify his reasoning a little better later. I haven't forgotten about Blake either you guys, I promise.

I don't own the song 'O Death', or any Disney/Pixar Movies.

Most importantly, I sincerely thank you guys for your reviews and patience.

--------------------------------

"I Am Bad, and That's Good."

"O Death, O Death, won't you spare me over 'til another year?"

Bark flinched at the loud sound, but she tried not to startle the silver fish below her. She liked fish because it wasn't loud prey, and the river's chuckling kept her calm. A piercingly loud responding call from Anne caused Bark to move further down the river. She really didn't like loud sounds; it scared her and hurt her ears.

The quiet croon from her gentle human made Bark feel better; it was the soft call that didn't hurt her ears, but she could hear easily. She liked her little human even if her human never tried to get close to her. Bark remembered cuddling with her human when she was smaller, but Bark didn't want to be touched anymore.

Unless she was sick, then Bark liked the soft strokes along the back of her neck, but she didn't get sick very often.

The Suchomimus shivered her jaws in response before growing very still. She could see her human out of the corner of her eye; doing her own sort of fishing. Bark didn't understand it, but the humans seemed to fish just as well as them.

"Well what is this that I can't see? With ice cold hands taking hold of me."

The only good thing about Anne and her human's loud wailing was it scared all the fish down river to Bark. The navy blue dinosaur waited patiently while Ed and Anne continued to sing with one another. Kate only shook her head in amusement as she watched Bark fish. She was a good girl, Kate just wished she wasn't so skittish. Bark seemed to be a little braver at night though.

Kate cupped her hands together before blowing the low whistle. Bark flicked her tail in response, and Kate smiled. It was the only way she knew how to assure Bark everything was fine. She didn't think Suchomimus were social creatures, but Bark liked a lot of reassurance.

"O Death, come take this soul, leave this body, and leave it cold."

Kate rolled her eyes at the howling, especially when Anne threw her head back to give a long, mournful cry as a background singer. Bark glanced up from her fishing, and Kate snapped, "Hey, Ed, you wanna at least pick a nicer song? It's no wonder Bark gets so nervous."