Chapter 20

A/N

Hey guys! Today's chapter is going to be pretty short because, as a stereotypical American, I have a lot of fireworks to blow up today!

Tomorrow's chapter will be much longer, but I hope you all have a happy Fourth! If you're not blowing things up, well, happy Saturday!

As always, I am very grateful for your reviews. So, please enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------

"Red, White, and...Damn it, Blue!"

"You were amazing today!"

Elise crooned lovingly as she savored the gentle pats from Owen. He chuckled at the empty room around them, but his gaze fell onto the wall where the information posters had been posted. Now it was half decorated with drawings from several enthused children who adored the floor Elise walked on.

Some had happy suns with Elise and the child smiling under it. Others held pictures of Owen and Elise, while others were just blobs of colors.

Elise loved all of them, and Owen liked them better than the information posters.

Today had been crazy, but Owen felt like it had gone exceptionally well. Elise had impressed, and guests loved her. Even a few other handlers came by, and were won over by a cute croon or a show of bright colors.

Elise had enjoyed taking breaks to go hunt with Rexy, and Tim laughed until he cried when the Indominus had hidden herself in the brush before scaring Rexy when she went after the goat.

Rexy hadn't found that very funny, and Elise had skittered back to Owen with a sore tail. She thought it was worth it.

Elise suddenly turned her head before giving a loving croon at the rich laugh.

"There is my beautiful girl! I am so proud of how well you did today!"

Elise melted into a puddle when the kind hands found her jaw, and Barry continued to coo at her. Owen chuckled at it before asking, "Enjoy the show?"

"I did not hear a Crocodile Hunter accent."

Owen snorted as he picked up the mushy boxes of crushed doughnuts, and said, "Claire would have killed me for that one. She almost did after Elise pretended to eat me."

"I heard it was a nice touch, smearing the strawberry jam all over the floor while you 'screamed' in terror."

Owen grinned widely at his girl before saying, "It was worth it, those kids totally shit their pants."

Elise gave her sucked in laugh, and Barry couldn't help joining her. He sighed before saying, "The girls were not happy when you skipped out on their pig run."

Owen grimaced; he hadn't been able to go over there today. He would have to go there tomorrow for sure. He just wasn't sure if he would be able to find an opening. People only seemed to get more excited with every show him and Elise did.

Elise liked to change things around, and Owen was simply going along with it. He hadn't planned to fake his death. Elise had stolen a strawberry filled doughnut, and smeared it on his hand before the next group came in. Owen had seen the mischievous glint in her crimson eyes, and he just couldn't resist the temptation of scaring the life out of all the crowding, aggressive interviewers.

He loved it.

Owen had dropped the last box of the Petting Zoo doughnuts on the ground, and Elise had snatched him instead. Claire's face had been priceless, and Elise was irritated when Owen couldn't keep the act up because he was laughing so hard.