Chapter 3

Luke's P.O.V

We were having a great time at Oliver's party, though there was no sign of Savannah. I wanted to see her after Bianca's torture but Oliver sent me away. I've tried to mind-link her but she kept cutting me off.
Bianca's voice interrupted my thoughts.
"Look were your going idiot look I got beer of over my dress! Oliver do something!"
"Someone call Savannah she can clean it up." Oliver yelled above the noise.
"Yeah, it's all her fault anyway." Bianca said.
The party carried on and Bianca was still complaining about her dress when, until, I think his name is Jacob, walked in.
"She didn't reply or come." He said politely, but looked terrified at what Bianca was going to do.
"What?" Screeched Bianca. "I'll go teach her a lesson!" as she stomped toward to stairs to the basement. Me and Oliver followed her down.
'I've never seen her room before.' I thought.
'I have a bad feeling about this.' My wolf, Zane, told me.
'Why?'
'I don't know.' and he cut me off.
We reached her door and Oliver opened it. Inside was a tiny room the walls were lined with sliver, there was a thin dirty blanket folded up in one corner of the room in the other was a rotting wooden crate and above it was a dirty, cracked mirror. The room barely was big enough for both me and Oliver to stand in, let alone someone to sleep in.
I noticed a piece of paper stuck to the mirror, it read:

Dear Luke, and anyone who bothers to read this.

I took your advice. I have run away. Please don't try to find me.
I have be beaten, picked on, insulted and tortured by my own family and pack.
To top it all off I have be blamed for the death of my parents by my own twin sister.
I only took your advice because we were both right.

I am sorry Luke hopefully meet again soon.
Love Savannah.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Oliver was the first to speak.
"What is this some kind of sick joke? And why is this letter addressed to you?"
"Oliver this is no joke she's run away, I told her to, if we were both right."
"What were you right about?" Oliver asked.
"You."
"Me?"
"Yes you, her last chance of freedom to get away from her life of torture."
Oliver looked completely lost, so I continued.
"I saw you staring at her this morning, I knew she was your mate. I told her this and she said you would reject her. So I told her to run away if we were both right. If you rejected her, now go I want to be alone."
Silently Bianca trailed up the stairs. Oliver, however, stayed.
"Were you her friend?" He asked.
"I was her older brother now leave."
I sat down and started to cry, the whole day I was hoping one of us would be wrong so she would stay. I picked up the pen on her crate, the last thing that ever belonged to her.
I looked at it closely it looked like the same pen with invisible ink in it that could only be seen with a violet light that we would write secret messages in to each other when we were kids, but I lost my pen years ago.
I pick up her letter. It had a space of paper after the end I looked at the pen and wondered if she wrote something for me in invisible ink like when we were kids.
I shrugged it couldn't hurt to try. I flicked on the light and sure enough there was a message.

Luke, if you read this meet me at the pond that we used to play at when we were kids I will leave at midnight, DO NOT SHOW THIS TO ANYONE. Love Sav x

I dropped the letter and raced upstair the clock read 11:55
'5 minutes I thought.' I shifted and grabbed some clothes and other stuff and raced toward the pond.

~~~

Savannah's P.O.V

I looked at my watch again 11:59. I wasn't even sure if he would find my message in invisible ink. I signed believing he wasn't coming. I stood up and I saw a huge tan wolf staring at me.
"Luke?" I asked. The wolf went behind a tree. I prayed to the moon goddess that the wolf was Luke, it had completely left my mind that Oliver or someone us could have figured out my secret message. A minute later Luke stepped out from behind the tree.
"He rejected you?" he asked.
I nodded.
"I'm so mad at him and Bianca, I knew he did all of this bad stuff to you, but rejecting his mate? I never thought he would do this?" Luke said while punching a tree.
"And Bianca? She just saw you as a slave, you her own twin sister I thought they were both at least had some good in them but I was wrong." He gave the tree a small kick and the whole thing fell over.
"Wow." I said watching the tree fall over.
"I wanted you to have this." Luke said handing me a small photo album. Inside were photo's of us when we were young there were even one of me and Bianca before she dyed her hair blonde, to match mom's, and ones of Darren and his parents before they joined the rouges and our parents died.
I felt tears welling up in my eyes.
"And this." Luke held my invisible ink pen.
I laughed. "I've got mine, I found yours in the attic this morning, check the bottom."
Luke checked the bottom of the pen and sure enough there was the initials L.K.
"I'll try and send you letters if I find a home, or paper."
"I'm so sorry you got hurt everyday it must of hurt a lot."
I laughed again, I still hadn't told him.
"That was acting, after years of torture it doesn't really hurt anymore."
"Wow have you ever considered an acting career?" Luke laughed with me.
"Thanks, you better be off Bianca and Oliver know your missing."
"Ok see you, hopefully soon."
"Ok Bye." At this time both me and Luke were crying.
"Write and be in touch, or I'll hunt you down, and just remember I love you." Luke said while hugging me.
"I love you too." We pulled apart, and Luke gave me one last kiss on the forehead before I ran off into the night and crossing the boundary and shifted; leaving my past behind me.
'This the new me.' I thought.
'The new us.' Jade put in.
'The new us.' I agreed howling into the air.
**************************
HELLO EARTHLINGS!
Do any of you actually read these?
I mean I don't when I read...
I probably should.
*shrugs*
Yeah.
And that's all of today folks.
Vote. Comment. Ride a dinosaur.
- Fox