Chapter 29

Savannah's P.O.V

"You useless thing." I shouted throwing the book across the room, groaning as I began to hit my head on the desk.
"I'm pretty sure that book didn't deserve that, even if it is an 'useless thing'." Bianca said, leaning against the bookshelf opposite me.
She grasped the book in her hand and put it on the forever growing pile of books on my desk.
"What are you looking for anyway?" She asked.
"Luna stuff, just doing some research, you know." I replied opening up another book.
"Why? Your a great Luna."
"Thanks, but there have been sighting of more white wolves, males and females, I'm Luna by default."
"Yes, but your Ethan's girlfriend and white wolves don't have mates." She countered.
I raised my eyebrows.
"White wolves shouldn't have mates." She corrected herself.
"I know, but I'm Luna by default, Alpha's can be Alpha if they're, you know, like me."
Bianca froze.
"I need to find out if Luna's are the same, and there's a reason why white wolves don't have mates. It's because your mate has the same fur colouring or is human right?"
Bianca nodded in response.
"There are no white wolves that are female."
"But Jade is a female."
"Gender swapping, it happens with a transfer." I said, mindlessly moving my hand to my scars that outlined the shape of a fatal bite.
"How do you know that?"
"When Jade left me that night, Thomas told me that it was a male wolf, not a female."
"Okay, but what does any of this have a problem with being a Luna? Besides there only sightings there may not be any female white wolves other than you." Bianca said.
"Think about it. If I'm a white wolf, which I am, then how can I be Darren's pair."
"Your cousins."
"Yes, but I'm human."
"Okay so your not his pair."
"And you and Luke aren't white wolves."
She frowned.
"So who is Darren's pair."
Bianca didn't reply.
"Who is the only other person that could of been his pair, and was a true wolf."
Her eyes widened. "Josephine."
"Yes, but she died at an early age, and was a female and was the only person who could have been Darren's pair."
"So who's your pair?"
"That is what gives the sighting some value, because there is at least one other known white wolf out there." I said pointing towards the window.
"And the fact the Josephine was a female, and probably a white wolf, suggests that there are other female white wolves."
"So, you want to know if you are able to be the Luna."
"Exactly."
She stood there nodding slowly and silence passed.
"I have no idea, but your probably fine, I mean you can be the Luna if your human."
"But that's because of the mate bond."
Bianca scrunched up her nose, like she always does when she is in deep thought.
"Maybe find a seer, or talk to an elder, surely someone will know."
"Thanks." I nodded.
"Oh and I wanted to see if you could talk to Luke just about stuff, he's acting weirder than normal."
"Sure no problem."
"And also you missed dinner, but I'm sure the cooks won't mind, if you pop in and heat up some food, they asked about you when I gave them there pay today."
"I'm fine, but thanks Bianca." I said smiling as she headed towards the door.
"Okay, and thanks, for talking to Luke in advance, Savannah." She said cheekily.
"Hey." I said pointing at her.
"Sam." She called out after walking out the room.
"Thank you." I yelled after her.
I opened the next book in the pile of unread books. I opened up to a page with a title of the white age. It described the rise and fall of the rein of the 'White Wolves'. There were prophecies of a fight, a fight of black and white, it sounded a bit like 'Harry Potter'. Only one can live and the other must die at the hands of the other. I turned the page and it read how the 'White Wolves' lost to black, but found a loop whole, there could still exist if there were no female white wolves. It explained how a curse was placed onto female white wolves, so none would live to see the day of the age of five. Which explained Josephine's fate of why she died at the age of two. I read the rest And on the back page I noticed that there was an arrow, on a fresh sticky note, pointing up with the date next to it. The date of today.
I looked up and there was another fresh sticky note with today's date. All it said was:
'Pond.'

~~~

I creep out of the window and walked down to the pond. Well, it's not really a pond. More of a lake. In a cave. Underground. Out of the pack's boundaries. So if I get caught I'm going to be in major trouble.
"You made it." A voice spoke.
I turned around and saw a child, in a white gown sitting on a rock.
"Oh, hello." I said awkwardly.
"Tell me what do you see?" She asked.
"Pardon?" I asked.
"What do I look like I'm different for different people.
"Well, your a child, about 9, female."
She frowned.
"You're a werewolf right?"
"Yes."
"Are you are sure you see a child?"
"Yes I'm fairly sure."
She stood up at walked over to me looking at me curiously.
"And you're most definitely a werewolf?"
"I am a transfer."
She looked at me with wide eyes.
"The time has come." She whispered.
"The time of what?" I asked.
She remain silent, in thought, so I decided to ask some more sensible questions.
"Who are you?" I asked. "What's your name?"
"My name is Luna, although I am more commonly known as the moon goddess."
I dropped to the ground.
"Don't be silly." She said and I rose.
"You have questions and I have questions so let's make a deal, I will answer your questions in return you will do as I say." She said holding her hand out.
We shook.