Champagne Regrets

This one is a little sad, but I feel that it honestly shows how addiction can really control our lives. It also shows how everyone uses something different to numb themselves. Whether that be sad music, alcohol, caffeine, tobacco, writing poetry, etc. Everyone has their own methods to cope with life. Let's not judge others merrily based on how they numb themselves to the harsh world we live in.  

Love you all!

The bottles lay empty on the floor, each a memory he wished to forget. Harry didn't know how long he'd been sitting there against the wall, drinking. The last time he saw the clock it had read 10:28 pm. Now, far from sober, he couldn't make out the blurry numbers.

His phone suddenly vibrated the table beside him as he received a notification. The pain he had felt hours ago, now only a dull ache in his chest as he rummaged through the table above, searching for his phone. He finally grasped onto the smooth device and turned it on, lighting up the once dark room. As he clicked on a new notification from Twitter he accidentally clicked on his music causing music to come pouring out of the speaker on the table above.

Louis' voice rang through the room. Piercing through Harry's drunken stupor. A new wave of pain and anguish washed over him as Louis sang

"We were too young. Sorry that I hurt you, darling. Ooh, oh, we were too young."

"Lou," he slurred, biting his lip, trying to suppress his emotions as his eyes welled up with tears.

The notification on his phone finally pulled up as Too Young continued to play in the background.

Tweet by @Louis_Tomlinson with you in it has been retweeted over 2.8 million times.

I honestly don't use Twitter enough to know how the notifications work. So if this is far from accurate. Sorry!

Louis, his little blue-eyed prince. He missed him. Was it even true? Any of it? Did love even exist in this world that made him suffer drunken nights alone in his bed? Tired days that brought fake smiles?

"Lou,"

The words escaped his parched lips. His heart ached with longing as he felt the name glide over his tongue. He could never love anyone like he did Lou. He missed him. Every bit of his soul ached for someone to care. To hold him in his empty arms. Just to hear Louis say his name again. Just once more.

Before he knew it, Harry's phone was pressed against his ear, ringing once, twice.

"Hello?" Answered a thick British voice.

"Did you ever mean it?"

"What are you talking about? I can't understand you,"

"Did you mean any of it? Always in my heart, Yours sincerely Louis." Slurs Harry trying to stand up but tripping on an empty bottle.

"Where are you, Harry?" Asks Louis, voice rising in concern as he sat up in his empty bed. He couldn't be in a bar; it was too quiet. Although, he could hear the faint sound of cars and other city sounds.

"You lied, didn't you."

"Harry, where are you? " asks Louis, panic rising in his voice. Trying desperately to untangle himself from his bedding.

"You lied," Harry slurred into the phone. "You always lie. I hate you," he whispered his sobs echoing in Louis' quiet bedroom.

"Harry, Harry, please listen, I'd never lie to you. Of course, I meant it. I will always love you. Now you need to tell me where you are so I can come and help you."