Eloquence of Heartbreak (Part 1)

I got inspiration for this one while listening to Just a Little Bit of Your Heart. So yes, it's sad.

Harry sat in the dim room looking out into the bustling city below. The bright lights of cars slowly meandering towards home litter the streets below.

Home to their partners who will welcome them with open arms. Children who will run up and excitedly recount their days. The pets that will be there to greet the ones who had bad days.

But here he sat, stuck within this hotel room, dwelling on yesterday. When his heart shattered as if it was a simple piece of glass. A thousand shards exploding within his chest.

✧✧✧

Harry had been in bed reading when the door had clicked. At least he had been trying to read, but it was hard to focus when he knew Louis was out with Eleanor. Or Tina. It was fake though, at least that's what he kept trying to remind himself but his heart betrayed his thoughts aching for Lou, to solely love him not some random girl. It may seem selfish but Harry didn't want to share.

The door opened letting the light from the hallway into the hotel room. "Lou?" He calls turning towards the blued boy who walked in with a sad smile on his face.

"I was worried you wouldn't come back before I went to bed," he says climbing out of bed and walking towards Lou.

Louis didn't answer, just emptied his pockets on the counter. He didn't even look in Harry's direction. In a quick panic, Harry locks his lips onto Lou's desperately trying to fill the empty void within his heart. To silence the voices that are getting louder and louder at the back of his head.

Lou doesn't respond like normal. He doesn't kiss back or lace his fingers around the back of Harry's neck.

Was Harry wrong to think that the relationship with Eleanor was fake?

What if he had realized he loved her more than him?

He tries again, roughly kissing Louis, desperately searching for a reaction.

"Harry, stop. We can't do this," pleads Louis gently pushing Harry away.

Harry tries to kiss him again but Louis turns his head away.

"Harry stop. Just stop!" Something flashes in Louis' eyes that Harry can't seem to interpret. The thoughts at the back of his head now screaming.

"What's wrong? Did you realize that she is better than me? Is she funnier and nicer and sweeter? " He says tears beginning to cloud his vision.

"No Haz, I would never- but I just don't think...." he trails off nervously brushing his hair away from his face unable to meet Harry's intense gaze.

"Don't think what? That you don't love me anymore? I knew it!" He shouts through tears, grabbing a stray shoe and throwing it at the bedframe angrily. "I knew when they introduced you to her that it wouldn't just be a little game like you promised. I knew-"

"So you don't trust me?" lashes out Louis turning around, cheeks flushed red. "That's a bunch of b-"

"Well, I'm right. I shouldn't have trusted you."

"Stop interrupting me!"Louis yells. "Will you just listen for once? Just shut up!"

Stunned Harry quickly closes his mouth.

"I don't like Eleanor and never will, You know I hate her. I just, I think they were right."

"Right, what?"