A New Woman

Jaide had slipped into a sleek, black dress that hugged her figure. The length of her hair fell down in loose and wavy curls past her shoulders. Her lips were painted red and her eyes were defined with full, extended lashes and eyeliner. The Devil's stylist had her dressed into an image she could never see herself in before.

"Ah, the lady in black," he said, walking into the room. Jaide continued to check herself out in the mirror, running her hands from down her bosoms and to her waist. She twisted and turned left and then right before her lips curled into a smile.

"I look like a brand new woman," she murmured.

"And you are," he agreed. "Ready to take on the night. Have fun and be safe. Don't forget to practice safe sex."

"I have a question. If I'm sort of like a vampire, will I burn tomorrow morning?"

Standing behind her, he rested his hands on her shoulders and leaned in closer to Jaide. Tilting his head down and admiring her soft brown complexion and how she still had the scent and warmth of a human, the hotness of his breath raced down the side of her neck. Jaide felt a soft travel of sensual bolts down her side, nearly making her shiver.

"Tomorrow dawn and when the sun is up, you will not burst into flames. That's not how your condition works. You just need blood to feed," he murmured into her ear.

Jaide swiftly spun around on her heels and faced him. "Instead of always calling you the Devil, what is a name you'd like to go by?" she asked him.

"I don't know, you tell me."

"How about Carrigan?" she asked him.

Smirking, he replied, "Hm, it's different and better than Lucifer. Now I just want you to be aware of something. This body might be indestructible, but you still be touched. Be on the lookout for the Nephilims."

"The Nephilims?" her brows pressed together in confusion. "What is that?"

"Not 'that', but more like 'them'. Their fallen angels, abandoned on this earth. Some are good and won't bother you, but the ones that are bad are in high numbers. It's been a celestial war between my hell angels, the other angels and them. I wouldn't want you ending up in the wrong hands tonight," he explained.

"Aw, look at you already caring about me?" she joked with him.

"You're no good to me, completely dead when we have a deal," he grinned.

"And that's my cue to leave," she quickly walked around him.

"Have fun," he said after. Carrigan watched as she waltzed away, her hips swaying from side to side, and her hair gently flowing in the air behind her. It was when she exited into the elevator, he felt the warmth of her presence leave with her. Carrigan gently sighed and went over to the window.

Minutes later, Noelle joined him from the shadows. "Tsk, tsk, tsk! Don't tell me you're going soft on me?" she joked with him.

"Make sure she's alright until it's time for us to meet up again. I have a date with the hell angels," he said and then waved his hand. Right before them, a fiery and swirling portal had emerged on the window.

"You got it boss," Noelle said with a grin. Carrigan then walked into the portal. It shortly closed after him.

In her brand new car from Carrigan, Jaide got right on the interstate. There was a place she wanted to stop by first.

Once her home was filled with memories until the devastating loss of her mother. Jaide gritted her teeth as she spotted a dark blue and shiny car in the driver and one of the front lights inside the house was on. She tightly clutched the steering wheel and then reversed the car, turning around to only drive away.