I Want You

After scourging the outer borders of Hell with a few angels, they retreated to the palace. He retracted his wings and then sighed. Carrigan had been feeling off since Jaide left with Noelle.

"My Lord, some of the angels have questions. Before you go, do you care to answer them?" she asked him with her dark painted lips.

"Not right now. I have to go," he walked away. Carrigan had quickly stepped through the portal and to the other side into the penthouse. He could smell Noelle's demon stench with blood but he couldn't smell or sense Jaide.

He found her in the living room and near the fireplace, wounded and bleeding. There was a trail of black blood from the elevator and to where Noelle now sat.

"What happened?" he asked her.

"It was him!" she said, now tightly wrapping her wound with a gauze.

"I told you already that break ups are pointless with Nephilims. You have to kill them or else they'll be a pain in the ass," he fumed and then sighed. "And where's Jaide?"

Noelle had that look of uncertainty in her watery and irritated eyes. She gently frowned like she wanted to cry. He knew that she was feeling as though she had failed him.

"I couldn't -"

"It's fine. I'll find her. You go back and heal," he said.

"You can't kill a Nephilim!"

"I got this, Noelle." He reassured her before walking away.

With an ancient knife and the only kind made to cut into his flesh, Carrigan took the ridge of the blade through the palm of his hand. His black blood dripped into a gold chalice cup. Softly enchanting, he was cursing the cup. The blood now boiled inside and the cup became heated. Carrigan closed his eyes.

Behind his eyelids, it was as if he left his body and soared through the midnight sky to an unknown location. At an abandoned, fenced house, there was Jaide. She was tied with her hands in the air and unconscious, as bait.

Carrigan opened his eyes to see Noelle enter the room. Holding her side, she slowly joined him. "Well?" She asked him.

"I know where she's at. They're using her as bait. I'll send in my best angels to take them on and then that's when you'll get her," he instructed.

Noelle sighed and then said, "You know they're not going to be okay with this. You've slept with at least -"

"At least, mainly three of them. They are without question, undeniably loyal and understanding. And they are also the best of the best," he said. Carrigan turned to Noelle and stood close to her. Within his space, he grasped onto her sides. She grunted in pain, his touch burning as he healed her from her wounds.

"Better?" he asked her.

One side of her lips twitched into a smile. "Much better," she said.

"Let's go."

***

Slowly waking up, Jaide discovered herself strung up into the air, and hanging by her arms. She controlled her breathing and looked around, her vision coming into focus from being blurry at first.

She was the centerpiece of some abandoned warehouse filled with the smell of sawdust and metal. No one else was in sight until she heard the faint steps and heartbeat of someone approaching. Jaide's eyes immediately glared at a figure that was quickly walking towards her.

"Oh, you're finally awake," it said, folding its arms across the breasts.

"What the hell are you?" Jaide asked. She couldn't make out the thing to be a human or demon. The iris of its eyes were slanted like an animal and a deep blue color. It's flesh was a discolored purple hue with dark red scales going down it's arms. It did have the physique of a woman though.