Noelle's and Felix's History

They all had returned back to Lamar's house. He went back to picking up her scent as Noelle exited the house. Jaxton remained and observed him as he watched.

"Pale skin with dark rings around your eyes. What are you? A demon or some made in the image of whoever this Jaide chick is?" He jokingly asked while he stood near the mantle. Lamar abruptly stopped sniffling and then glared at him. The mantle!

He remembered Jaide hitting her head against it, seeing a small smudge of blood at the edge. Jaxton moved out of the way as Lamar went over to the mantle and licked Jaide's dry blood from off it.

Closing his eyes, he could only see her a little. He could barely make sense of where she was at. Lamar saw a dark background, wet with moss and a strong sea water odor. Losing his scent of her, he opened his eyes to catch Noelle and Jaxton staring at him.

"What?"

"Well, where is she?" Noelle asked him.

"I... I was thinking, not picking up her scent," he lied. Jaxton deeply sighed. Lamar didn't embrace himself in enough time. One minute he was standing, and in the next, Noelle had him pinned against the wall with a blade to his neck.

"You're a terrible liar! Where is she?" she roared at him, pressing the blade harder into his skin.

"Okay!" he surrendered. "She's somewhere wet and dark. There was moss in the corner of the walls and a salty water odor."

Noelle released him, and hissed, "Damnit!"

"What's the matter?" Lamar asked.

"Noelle doesn't have wings and can only travel with a portal to and from Hell and Earth, and nowhere else," Jaxton grinned from ear to ear.

"And what about those things with wings in Hell?" Lamar asked.

"Well see," Jaxton pinched the bottom of chin as if he was thinking. "About that? The Devil can't send out his little angels to do such things up here unless they're collecting a soul or what not?"

Noelle sighed hard and gently shook her head from side to side.

"So what does that mean?"

"It means I'm her only hope of getting rescued. Talk to me nice and maybe I'm only able to bring one of you along?"

Noelle scoffed and groaned, "You've got to be kidding me right? I don't care if I have to manipulate a speed boat to get a hold of her and kill Felix, I will!"

"Then do it, but unlike you and most of your scaly kind, I don't need human means of transportation. May the best person win!" he shouted. Jaxton's large and dark grey wings flapped behind him, creating strong gusts of wind as he slowly lifted into the air.

Lamar ran for cover as he took off into flight, making a hole into the ceiling. Debris and wood fell down and scattered across the floor. As Lamar peeped out from hiding, he glared at Noelle as she returned her gaze to him.

There was a hunger he couldn't shake as they now made their way to the boat yard. Noelle could hear his stomach growling from the passenger seat and she gently smiled to herself.

"What?" he murmured.

"I've heard that sound before. You're hungry. Jaide made you like her so you'll be hungry all of the time until you get it under control," she explained to him.

"So I'm what? A vampire or something?"

"Yea, something like that," she shrugged. "You'll get to shine in your true nature and feed when we get to where we're going."