Deal (To Live) or No Deal (To Die)

In a realm trapped in darkness, Jaide had lost track of time. Although she had been up with Carrigan, it seemed like they had been intimate for hours and hours. It was until she hadn't realized that she had finally managed to fall asleep.

At the delicious aroma of cinnamon and glazed apples, Jaide stretched her arms and legs as she laid onto the silk sheets of the bed. After briefly yarning, she opened her eyes. Something small and red quickly darted across the room and out into the hallway.

Her eyes found Carrigan standing out on the balcony, wearing a black silk robe. He waved his finger, and his bedroom doors shut themselves closed. Jaide crawled out of bed, her stomach growling. Her knees and thighs were sore. She felt around her neck, seeing that it was sore as well.

"What happened? Did we fight or something?" she asked as she joined him out on the balcony. The Devil's palace is placed on the tallest mountain peak of the realm. The balcony from his bedroom overlooked the entire realm with endless rows of ridged terraces and a sky that's forever dark and cloudy. Her body remained at a normal temperature, not being hot or cold.

He was in his true form with his pale white skin and dark eyes with his scaly and cracked skin texture. "No, we had a very good time," he turned to her and grinned. "You're glowing. That's different," he later said.

"Well I guess," Jaide sighed and then turned away from him.

Minutes later, small balls of fire started falling down from the sky, dimly illuminating Hell. She marveled it's dark and mysterious beauty.

"What?" Carrigan asked her.

"Hell isn't what I expect it to be. It's beautiful. How can you not like being down here?" They turned to face each other again.

"Well for one, it gets lonely down here being King. Fun and pleasure gets old with my hell angels sometimes. Games with the demons become boring after so long," he shrugged his shoulders. Carrigan turned away and deeply sighed.

He briefly leaned onto the balcony before turning to face Jaide again. "And this is where I present to you the deal. Your life for an offspring."

Her brows pressed together and she was confused. Jaide didn't understand his new deal. "What about the deal before that one? It was to do you a favor or something?"

"And it sounded like it would be a good proposal at helping me but you're already too good at that. Humans that normally do a favor for me ends up in Hell at the end of the bargain. I don't want that for you. I actually like you, Jaide," he smirked.

"So, my life for your offspring? That's a little bit far-fetched don't you think? I'm halfway dead. I need blood to survive. Speaking of which, I'm hungry as hell now."

"See, that's just it Jaide. You're not really halfway dead. I felt the warmth of your skin the other day. You're more alive than you think. And you asked me why I don't always like being down here. So the deal has been sealed for you to produce me an offspring, whether you know it or not."

"No fucking way! I can handle being a serial killer for you and sending you souls to fill this place, but having a baby is different!" she fused at him. He ignored her and looked away.

"What if I don't accept your deal?"

"You mean what if you renege? Then your body will burn into ashes and you'll be just another worthless soul down here. Shall we start?" he held up his hand and then held his fingers close as if he was getting ready to snap them together. Jaide bucked her eyes and she reached for his hand.

"Okay, I'll do it!" she pleaded with him. "And when it's over, what happens to me?"

"You'll live out the rest of your days on Earth, but the child will come with me," he replied.