Hell's Search Party

There wasn't a light on in the house as she patiently waited for him. Jaide remained sitting still in the recliner chair and relaxed as if she was preparing herself for tonight's event. It was until then she heard the alarming noise of a car door closing after another. Jaide took a deep breath as she focused.

She could feel the heat of their bodies approaching and the beating sounds of their heart. Lamar wasn't alone. Jaide could hear every movement and smell them. His company was a woman that was wearing heels and she wore a strong sweet smell of perfume; she was light on her feet.

Jaide grinned from ear to ear as they slowly emerged into the house. He didn't turn on any lights right away until they reached the living room.

"What is that smell? Did you leave something burning -" the girl asked as he froze in his steps. His eyes were directly looking at Jaide's.

She gripped the edge of the chair arms, her nails digging down into the surface. Her smile was tighter and she did her best to keep from frowning.

"What's she doing here?" Alexandria asked him with a frown on her face.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Jaide asked her. "I should've known you'd go back for leftovers."

"What?" Alexandria snapped at her.

"Whoa, wait. Jaide?"

Briefly drumming her fingers, Jaide sighs and says, "You look like you're seeing a ghost? You know he tried to kill me the other week, right? I took a knife to the stomach only for him to still end up getting back in with you." She then grinned as she looked at Alexandria.

"You what?"

"That's not true!" he denied.

"Oh it isn't? Let's see who's going to be the one bleeding out now!" She was up from the chair and then over to Lamar in a blink of an eye. Before Alexandria could scream, Jaide had both of them by the neck, and lifted them into the air.

Her mouth opened without separating and her teeth was now sharp. Alexandria tried to scream, but they couldn't be heard. Lamar watched in horror as Jaide bit down into Alexandria's neck. She then tore free, ripping a hole from her neck and then smiling at Lamar as she released him.

"I'm going to give you a head start. Run," she ordered. Laughing, Jaide stood back as Lamar scurried from off the floor and made a run for the kitchen. She slowly followed after him.

When she reached the kitchen doorway, she paused. The sound of his heart beating fast was like music to her ears and his blood rushing through his veins made her want more. Lamar had found his gun and then turned to face her. He aimed the gun at her, tightly gripping it between his shaking hands.

"W-w-w-what the hell are you?"

"Your biggest regret," she murmured. As she took one step forward, he shot her in the chest. It stung for a moment. Jaide rushed up to Lamar again, grabbing him by the throat. The gun dropped from his hand and his eyes were bucked and wide with fear. She deeply inhaled the smell of his fear, quickly healing from the gunshot wound. Less than a minute later, they heard the sound of a bullet hitting the floor.

Loudly hissing and smiling, it wasn't long before Jaide parted her lips and bit him. She fed from him until she could hear his heart feebly beating.

"In my voice, I command you!" she ordered him. A mark softly formed in the middle of his forehead and dark circles appeared around his eyes. Seconds later, Lamar was picking himself off the floor.

Satisfied, she wiped her mouth clean and then said to herself, "See, I don't need the Devil or Noelle's help at all. I got this. Let's go." Silent and obedient, he followed after her. Jaide ordered Lamar to cut up and start grilling Alexandria's body while she cleaned the place free of their blood.