Chapter 18

A few weeks later...

"I'm glad I'm not 19 and stupid." Tony remarked as we entered.

"Yet you're still here and dressed as a slasher." Though he wasn't far off from a real one.

My brother refused to wear a costume so I handed him a knife prop and covered him in fake blood, hoping it was enough for tonight.

When bored and in the mood for rebelliousness, Tony was my go to. He always snuck around Papa's back and I was starting to do the same - but I wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing.

Tonight my Papa left for a trip to Chicago, so me and Tony decided to spend halloween night in a club. We weren't stupid enough to go to any of our fathers clubs, so he took me to a new one right in the middle of the city.

And it was a really good club too. We walked through neon lights flickering from every direction, while pop music pumped through my veins. All I could smell was sweat, alcohol and the smell of latex costumes. Everyone looked amazing, but if I was honest, I felt terribly guilty coming here.

Beverly was still healing from her gunshot wound and because I sat by her side tending to her every need, she talked me into going somewhere without her.

Tony stopped to meet a few of his friends, snapped at them when they said something vulgar about my angel costume, and then we sat at the bar. I had no plans to drink but Tony ordered a green coloured shot and threw it back.

I didn't know how he did it, I was sure he got the ability from Mama. I saw the way she downed glasses of wine on Friday nights. My chin leaned on my palm, my fake nails tapping against the counter as the music vibrated everything from the chair I sat on, to the table beneath my hand.

My eyes peered around at the many different costumes, all of them toned down to be club appropriate. When my gaze met with a very familiar one, my mood dropped to the sewers.

Tony looked in the direction of who I stared at and his eyes went wide.

"You took us to a Russo club?!" I said behind my teeth.

"For gods sake Elena relax."

"Relax?! Cristian freaking Russo is over there in the lounge chatting away to his cousin that owns this club. Papa will-"

"Papa won't. He doesn't know shit, now shut the hell up and enjoy the two hours we have here."

I huffed, crossed my arms before glancing in the way of Cristian. He had not one, but two of the waiters tending to his needs and placing drinks down in front of him and his cousin Mario, who I heard of from Adrian.

"What are you lookin at?" Tony asked, staring at me with furrowed brows.

"An abomination. Hand me that shot." I snatched it from him just as the bartender placed it down and threw it back into my throat.

"Woah. Easy." Tony chuckled while my eyes squeezed shut. God did that burn. I opened my mouth to talk about how disgusting it was before someone entered the club, and I froze.

Tall. Clean of any tattoo's, with a seemingly friendly expression but stunningly fierce features. I guessed he was from Korea, or maybe Japan, and then felt stupid when I couldn't figure it out.