Chapter 32

~Cristian POV~

The crunching of snow beneath my shoes cut off once I entered the club. It was an abandoned, dark place that smelled like shit. It wasn't Ricci property, but I still knew I was walking into a trap.

The Ricci brothers were like their father - so obvious about the lies they pull you into. When Romeo left me a message this morning asking to meet, I didn't reply, but I was curious to see if
this had something to do with Elena and showed up anyway. If he tried killing me, it'd be the eleventh fail.

As I entered the lounge area, which was lit by nothing but an old standing lamp, Romeo stood with his chin high. When the click of a gun sounded and a guard appeared from the darkness, I could have laughed.

I wish all the Ricci's were this predictable.

"What do you want." I said boredly.

"My sister left home. The details aren't important but you're gonna help me find her location."

"Or?"

I knew there was a catch. Nobody would be stupid enough to threaten me without one.

Romeo's voice stiffened. "Or I'll spread word to your father about where you are."

My gun was in my hand now, aimed at the guard. I couldn't help it, the combination of father and blackmail always incited death in me.

Romeo glanced at the gun and scoffed. "You're not gonna do shit, Russo. He'll kill you before you can even-"

A gunshot exploded in my ears and the guard dropped dead. Romeo's jaw clenched as he stared at the guard, while I tucked my gun in my holster. "You were saying?"

A shrill rang in my ears as he grimaced sourly, probably processing what just happened.

His father must have shared my little secret with him. Because Giuseppe knew my father since I was a child, he was one of the only people who knew why I bounced from city to city. Though I was bitter they found out, I was surprised it took them this long to use it against me.

"I need to know where she is." Romeo let out and started pacing around. "She could be hurt or worse, I need to find her fast and you know better hackers than I do."

"Funny. You didn't give a fuck when she was thrown her out of her house."

Everything stood still at the end of my sentence. Suspicion hardened Romeo's face and he stared at me for a long few seconds. "How do you know that?"

His agitation worsened when I lowered myself onto a seat.  

"Is she with you?!"

When I didn't reply, he let out a grunt and slammed his fist against my face. The impact moved my head to the side and seared my lip.

"Give her back." He growled as I straightened my head, warm blood trickling down my lip. "Give. Her. Back!"

I let him have that one because if I had a sister staying with a man like me, I'd do worse.

"Give her back you bastard!"

I wiped the blood from my lip and stood, and once he tried hitting me again, my patience snapped and I grabbed his collar.