𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘥

"How are you holding up, Kugisaki?" You turn around to face the girl, her running figure following behind you and Megumi.

"I'm doing well, considering I was almost swallowed by a frog..." Nobara replies, narrowing her eyes into the back of Megumi's head. You laugh as Megumi rolls his eyes. He was slowing down his steps as you three near the exit of the building. "Call me Nobara by the way." She smiles at you.

"I think I should give him the signal already." Megumi states, sitting down on the floor. He pets his demon dog who later on lets out a loud howl. "I'm gonna take Kugisaki to Ijichi. Stay here until I get back."

"I wasn't planning on ditching my boyfriend anyway." You sit down, staring up at him. He sighs and walks away next to Nobara who was rambling how she felt perfectly fine. As if she didn't have cuts and bruises coating her skin. She waves goodbye making you smile.

As they disappear from your line of vision, you tilt your head back and to the side. Cracking your neck to relive some stress. "Sukuna is taking over right now..." You think out loud. "Hopefully Yuuji is able to switch back."

𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗴𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴: 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗴𝗼𝗿𝗲

"Hey, Yuuji's taking forever don't you think?" You tap Megumi onto his shoulder, facing your worried state.

"Yeah, I was just about to call you over to meet up. Something's not right." He observes the building, a few meters ahead.

"Sorry, but he's not coming back." A voice behind you two said. You quickly turn around and prepare yourself to attack him but Megumi was quick to hold you back.

"I'm in a great mood right now. Let's chat for a bit." Sukuna continues.

"Bring Yuuji back!" You demand, glaring into his back as he walks away a few steps.

He turns to look at you. "It feels like he's having trouble switching back....It's only a matter of time." He grabs his sweatshirt, pulling it and ripping it to shreds.

Both you and Megumi stare at Sukuna in question. What was his plan? Why is he half naked? Not that you're complaining. "I thought about what I can do right now."

"What is he doing?" You whisper to Megumi. He could only glare at Sukuna watching his every move.

You scan Sukuna's hand reaching up to stop at his chest. "So..." His nails shove into his chest, going through to get to Yuuji's heart. In shock, all you could do was stare. Sukuna takes the heart out of his---Yuuji's body and grabs it, holding it up for you and Megumi to see. "...I'm taking this brat hostage."

Numb. You stare emotionless at the King of Curses as he tossed Yuuji's heart to the side. Numb. Observing the heart rise up and down, as it slowly stopped beating. Anger. As if time stopped, you threw three daggers towards Sukuna, each landing on a different part of his body. He couldn't react fast enough as the first and second daggers explode, his vision blocked from the smoke.

"Fushiguro!" You cry out, running towards Sukuna now that he doesn't have the advantage to fight. Megumi summons his nue and it flies towards you. Flying up and quickly dashing towards Sukuna to attack him. But it wasn't fast enough.

Sukuna avoids its attack, casually taking steps back and forwards. Easily dodging you and Megumi's attacks. Smiling mockingly at the both of you from your failed attempts.

Having the opportunity to punch him, Sukuna grips your arm. Causing you to stumble and fall onto his chest. "Is Miss Maboroshi upset that I took over her boyfriend's body?" He whispers into your ear.

"Watch yourself Sukuna. You might wanna rephrase that sentence again." You whisper back, pretending to not be intimidated by him. When in fact you were. Sukuna glares at you and jumps back as Megumi attempts to punch him.

He grabs the sleeve of Megumi, pulling him in. "Let's use the free space!" He flings Megumi in the air, his body crashing into buildings. Poor Megumi was getting his ass beat. Forgetting Sukuna, you rush towards Megumi's direction.

He was laying with his nue on the cement floor. As he saw you approach him, he couldn't help but think how you got to him that quickly. He decided to ask you later when this was all over. Megumi hovers his hand over his nue sending him back. You hold out your hand helping him stand up.

"What are we gonna do?" You ask him worryingly. "Sukuna is all healed up now, but Yuuji's heart is still gone."

He sighs as he spots the curse in front of the two of you. "If Itadori manages to switch back, he'll die."

You hold back a tear, turning to look away. Not wanting to lock eyes with Sukuna.

"...I have no other choice-"

"What?! No, you can't!" You interrupt Megumi, widening your eyes in fear. "He hasn't even collected all twenty of Sukuna's fingers!" You push him.

He stares at you with pity. "Y/n, please. Even if he is able to switch back...he'll still die." Megumi explains calmly. "Sukuna wins on both ends."

The tear that you were holding back finally slides down your cheek. "There has to be some other way!" You did not want to believe it. The thought of losing the love of your life. You had the chance to stop him from joining this school. You knew it. But just from your kind gesture it ended up with Yuuji getting hurt. Now you won't be able to see him ever again.

As Megumi was preparing himself with his cursed technique, he stops himself and looks at the pink haired teen. "Just so you know I..." He whispers. "I'm not a hero."

That's when you heard Yuuji's voice, "I see..." He smiles as the marks on his body disappear.

"Yuuji I-" You cut yourself off realizing that he switched back. Thinking back to Megumi's words.

Blood spills out from his wound and mouth, "Oh, sorry I'm almost done for..." He looks in between you and Megumi. "Live a long life..." His knees gave up and caused him to collapse into your arms to prevent him from falling on the ground.

It didn't matter if your uniform was getting stained by his blood, hell...its the last thing you ever wanted to experience. You hug him tightly with your head resting on his shoulder. "I swore I was going to protect you!" A tear---no you were balling your eyes out. Your eyes were starting to get bloodshot red and puffy. "I'm so sorry!"

"Pl...please forgive me...Yuuji..." Your voice cracks in between words. Breaking down in front of Megumi, he kneels down and soothes your back gently.

He doesn't say anything but have you let everything out. Laying your head into the crook of your boyfriend's neck, you hide your face away from Megumi. You didn't want him to see you in such vulnerable and emotional state. "I..." You sniff, pausing to wipe your nose with your sleeve. "I love you..." You mumble quietly.

𝗦𝗢𝗥𝗥𝗬 ! :(𝗗𝘄 𝗴𝘂𝘆𝘀 𝘄𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗻𝘀 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 :)??

𝗦𝗢𝗥𝗥𝗬 ! :(
𝗗𝘄 𝗴𝘂𝘆𝘀 𝘄𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗻𝘀 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 :)??