𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘱𝘵 2

"We can't let Kairi know about this, he cares too much about his uncle

"We can't let Kairi know about this, he cares too much about his uncle. He could take his side at anytime."

Younger Kairi backs away from the door. His mind blank, still processing what he just heard. Slowly walking away from the door, he runs further away so his footsteps wouldn't be heard.

"I didn't like how dad arranged a marriage for you. I knew I had to do something with this piece of information." Kairi continues, "So first thing I did, was tell our uncle what I heard."

The scenery faded out into your uncle's living room. The man sitting comfortable on the floor, sipping his cup of tea. Teenage Kairi standing in front of him, finished with explaining what he heard.

"So she does become head of our clan. Great." Ryuji places his cup down before looking up at the boy. "We can't let your father marry her off to some boy now either. Her life is clearly going to be ruined if you ask me."

"What should we do then?? If we say something about it, they'll know that I was overhearing their meeting!" Little Kairi says worryingly.

Your uncle stays silent, thinking.

"We need to kill your father."

Kairi widens his eyes at this, and you do too. "W..what?"

"You heard me." Ryuji eyes him. "He's gonna go after me either way. If I decide to leave on my own without turning back, he'll continue the marriage."

"But...what does that have to do with us killing him?!" Kairi asks in disbelief.

"Kairi." Ryuji stands up and walks over to his nephew. "The Zenin clan are known to be the most cold hearted bastards in the jujutsu world. They don't show sympathy or emotions to one another. Your sister will end up getting married to one of them in the future if we don't stop it."

Kairi gulps as his uncle's hands rests on each side of his shoulders.

"Do you want some prick to abuse your sister? To use her, violate her, ruin her. Do you really want that to happen?" The man asks his nephew. "She'll never forgive you for not stopping your father."

Bloodcurdling screams of agony and pain fill your ears as you stare at the scene unfold once more. You would have never thought you would get to experience this again. The smell of smoke hitting your nostrils, fire burning down the homes of your small town.

"We need to make it seem like it was an invasion." Your older brother says, interrupting your thoughts. "That's what he ordered me to do: set the houses on fire with gas, slice as many heads as possible. Don't leave anyone alive."

He abruptly chuckles, palming his right eye in disbelief. "How stupid I was believing him, that killing our clan was the only way to get you out of that marriage!!"

"He manipulated you." You say. "I'm sorry."

"I..I should've noticed it from the start." He whispers. "Way before I ever told him about the meeting, he had already planned to destroy our town. I was merely used as his tool all along..."

Kairi turns to face you. "I regret killing our clan Y/n. I was blinded by hatred for father....that I ended up killing our mother as well. Her weakened smile when I sliced into her neck still haunts me to this day..." he gasps, as if wanting to cry.

You pull him in for a hug, embracing him. "I'm so sorry you had to face this alone..."

He hugs you back, trying to hold in his cries so you wouldn't see him vulnerable. The smell of fire and the screams of pain suddenly disappeared into the air. Your surroundings change into a pitch white one, nothing around you two at all.

"It's time for you to wake up Y/n." Your brother whispers.

"W..what?"

"Yuuji is alive and well. You need to wake up and help him along with everyone else."

"Kairi, what are you saying?" You stare at him with a worried look.

He smiles at your concerned face. "You gained my powers, you finally defeated me. I'm proud of you, lil sis."

You widen your eyes at his sentence and before you could grab his hand, your eyes shoot open. You adjust your eyes and see your boyfriend in front of you, yelling. He was calling out to you as you were still stuck in your older brother's domain expansion. He had the ability to trap somebody once they are inside and put them in a long dream, thus calling it: Nightmare.

Kairi's body falls to the floor, coughing up blood. You rush towards him as the tears in your eyes disappear into the air. "K..Kai!" You attempt to pick him up but he slaps your hand away. Staring at him with wide eyes you stumble over your words. "W..why?!"

He tries to even out his breathing. "You've got all of our strength now sis. Our clan depends on you to kill Ryuji. He's t..teamed up with K..Kenjaku.. agh!" He grunts in pain as his chest tightens. You unconsciously used your Butterfly Technique to explode a hole in his chest while you were still 'dreaming'.

Seeing your brother smile at you softly, his eyes begin to slowly close. "I'm proud of you, lil sis."

You exhale, "Don't worry brother, I won't let your death be in vain." You stand up as you leave his body laying there. Rushing to join Yuuji along with Megumi who were defeating cursed spirits.

"I'll fulfill my destiny in becoming the last Maboroshi alive, and kill our uncle to avenge our clan..."

I'm so sorry for the LONG HIATUS

I'm so sorry for the LONG HIATUS. I lost the motivation to write the chapter so I just left it there. But it's back and better because it will be ending soon! I hope everyone is enjoying it and let me know your thoughts!

Should I leave it at a happy ending? Or a sad and angsty one as I originally planned? Hehe..