[06] Feelings of Hostility

Right now, you just wanted to go home after this long day of school. Takemichi and his friends had been a bit full-on – as in, asking you many questions ranging from Toman to your own personal life. It seemed like Takemichi couldn't keep his mouth shut around these four and loved to spill everything.

It was just one more step and you would be out of the premises. However, this small wish of yours never came true. "[name]-chan! Wait up! Please stop!" Hina's voice called out from behind you, "Wait, stop walking!"

You guessed you'd have to stop and listen to your friend. Hina has actually been quite nice to you after your first official meeting that one night. She always managed to greet you whenever she saw you in the hallways... and there was this one time where she woke up earlier than you just to walk to school with you. But she told you that she slept during classes that day so she wasn't going to wake up earlier anymore. However, her effort was appreciated.

"Tachibana-san, is there something wrong?"

"It's 'Hina-chan' to you, [name]-chan!" She tried to act angry but her huffing and puffing from running around made her just appear like a toddler. "I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out a bit. I don't have cram school today... so I thought this was a good time."

"I don't attend cram school, so I'm available." Her eyes widened in excitement – perhaps this would be the time you actually took on her invitation? "But I have to decline. I apologise, Tachibana-san."

"But you– Huh? Why not? If we're both free then... Well..." Hina's eyes moved from your eyes to the ground and twiddled her fingers behind her back. Even after all this time, she didn't know why you were so reluctant to hang out with her. Did she do something to make to hate her? ...Or was it that time... she still hasn't had a time to apologise to you yet. It might've been that time–

"Tachibana-san, don't think about it too much. I don't hate you... it's... I don't know. I'm just reluctant, I guess."

"What do you–"

"Hey! Hina, [last name]-san!" Takemichi was the second person to yell out your name today. "Did you guys run out of class the moment the bell rung or what? I was looking for you guys for ages! Anyway, I was just going to ask if you want to head to the Toman meeting... Wait." What was Takemichi thinking?! Inviting his girlfriend and his friend to a gang meeting? Was he trying to get them killed or what? This was an accident on his side. It just came out so naturally. "I mean– No! Don't come to the meeting!"

"Oh! Takemichi-kun, that reminds me! [name]-chan, you have to meet Emma-chan. She's another girl that always with Toman! She's very nice and not to mention cute! She's our age too. I know you two will get along well. Come on, you have to meet her!" Hina grabbed your hand and tried to tug her along with you even without hearing your reply.

"Emma? You mean Draken-san's 'Emma'?" You audibly inquired.

"You know she likes him?!" Hina stopped pulling you along, "But you don't know her..."

"No, don't worry about it." This was the Emma that Draken had told you about. You were not going to miss out on this opportunity to scope out the girl he likes. "Okay, I'll come just this once. I want to meet her."

"Then let's go!" Your friend nodded and lead the way towards Toman headquarters – with Takemichi visibly cringing at his bad decision and big mouth.

。。。

The three of you arrived at the beloved Musashi Shrine where the meeting was located. However, you could tell by the limited number of people that it might've been an important meeting. Perhaps it was only a captains meeting? Wait, did that mean Takemichi was a captain? Even though he's a coward? Now that you actually thought about it, was he even officially a member of Toman?