[11] Youthful Lives

"Thanks... everyone." Takemichi lifted his left foot and charged at Kiyomasa; yourself doing the same simultaneously. Every good fighter knows not to make such predictable moves. "We're finishing this!" Takemichi raised his fist towards Kiyomasa's face, but didn't notice until the last minute that he was nowhere close to making contact with Kiyomasa.

He then felt a body pressing against his back. When Takemichi's heart calmed down from the adrenaline, he noticed something he didn't want to see. You were behind him, but your hand was out further than his fist was. "[last name]-san...?"

"Don't charge in like that, Takemichi-san. It's a stupid move." Your bare hand had caught the knife that Kiyomasa just tried to use against Takemichi. Blood was now seeping from your new wound and dripped down your forearm. You let go of the weapon; a stinging feeling adorning your skin. With your uninjured right hand, you slugged Kiyomasa in the face. As he faltered, you stole the knife from his hand and threw it off to the side of the street.

"That was a bad idea. Okay... don't think about it. Don't think about it." The pulsing pain of the cut became worse over the next few seconds.

"[last name]-san! Kiyomasa!!" Takemichi pushed you backwards and tried to punch the opposition but was thrown back. You were going to hold onto the boy to stop him from aimlessly charging at him, but he had already left your side to tackle Kiyomasa.

"[name]-chan! Takemichi-kun!" Your friend's attack was useless since he didn't knock him down, but he didn't let go. He still wanted to persevere despite the power difference. After getting punched off, Takemichi slid behind Kiyomasa and jumped onto his back putting him into an elbow choke hold.

"Don't you dare let go, Takemicchi!" Within a few seconds, he was able to knock him out.

"Takemichi-san." You rushed over to him and pulled him from under Kiyomasa's unconscious body. "Are you alright?"

"Y-Yeah! I got... I was finally able to get my revenge." He shook his head a few times, "But... I think I messed up." Takemichi's eyes landed on one of the lackeys who picked up the knife you threw away earlier. "[last name]-san, I want you to take Hina and Emma-chan and run."

"You... know I can't do that."

"Takemichi-kun?" Hina clasped her hands together as she heard your conversation.

"We'll figure this out somehow. Don't worry." He looked over his shoulder to give a reassuring smile to his girlfriend. "I promise it's okay. [last name]-san, I'm counting on you to keep them safe. Even though you're hurt... I'm sure they're just scratches, right?"

"You're an idiot, Takemichi-san." You helped him stand up and took Hina's hand. "You better look after Draken-san as well. Emma-san, let's go. Takemichi-san, I'll be back as soon as possible! So stay safe until then!"

You led the two girls down the path, creating a distance far enough from the places of conflict. As long as you guys found a well populated place, everything would be fine. "This day is not going great at all." You had them stop at the edge of the road.

"[name]-chan, your hand! It's getting worse." Emma grabbed you, "Hina-chan, do you have tissues?"

"I have a packet! Hold on." She rummaged through her purse and helped you clean up the blood running down your fingers. "We have to get you to a hospital soon too. Takemichi-kun told me that you also fought that group back at the shrine... Your legs are all scratched up too."

"It's nothing... I'm just glad you guys aren't hurt."

"[name]-chan, you can't keep jumping into these battles where you know you're going to get hurt!" Emma made sure to let you know she wasn't condoning your behaviour, "Even if it's to help others... what about yourself?"