[12] Human Decency

Healthy coping mechanisms. I can find some. I look around the parking lot. Tyler's not here. As I grab my phone to call my brother, two honks grab my attention and I turn around to see Logan waving from his car. What is he doing here? Tyler was supposed to pick me up. I cross the parking lot over to Logan and he meets me at the hood. "Logan, what are you doing here?"

"I missed you." Logan grabs my face and kisses me hard. "So much. I wanted to see you, so Tyler let me pick you up."

Now I'm embarrassed. "You don't think it's weird I still go to therapy, right?"

Logan shakes his head. "No. We all got problems. Besides, crazy chicks with mommy and daddy issues are so hot." He winks and kisses me again before climbing back in his car.

I'm a crazy girl. Of course. At least Logan thinks I'm hot.

"Come on. I have a surprise for you."

I slide in the passenger seat, watching Logan as he starts driving. I reach over and grab his hand. "I missed you so much, Logan. It feels like everything is falling apart."

"I missed you, too, babe." He reaches over and grabs my thigh and I flinch hard, smacking his hand away. "What, are my fingers cold?"

"Yeah, sorry," I whisper, pulling my skirt down and pressing my legs together. "Just a little cold."

Logan smirks and reaches over. "Well, I'll warm you right up." He tries to force his hand underneath my skirt.

"Stop, Logan." I grab his wrist and push his arm away. "Two hands on the wheel."

He shakes his head, laughing, and I glance over to see what's so funny. "Something's changed about you, Addy. Ever since I came back from my trip, you've been acting different. And weird."

I stare at the road, playing with a loose thread on my skirt, and think. Maybe I should tell Logan what happened, then he would understand why I'm being so weird.

Logan parks the car out in an empty field away from the park and takes off his seatbelt, turning in his seat to face me. "It feels like you don't love me anymore."

Taking off my seatbelt, I lean over and cup his face, caressing his cheek. I never meant to make Logan feel like that. "Of course I love you, Logan. You know I do."

He leans in and kisses me. "I don't want to wait anymore."

"What?"

Logan scoots over, pressing his chest against mine, and backs me into the door. The handle stabs into my back. He starts kissing my neck and whispers in my ear, "Forget prom. Forget graduation. I want you right here, right now, Addy. All of you. Let me take your virginity."

My eyes widen. We promised each other we'd wait. Why is Logan suddenly backing out? "What?"

Logan doesn't answer me. He keeps kissing me and snakes a hand under my skirt. I press a hand against his chest and push him away, but he doesn't budge. "I-I don't know, Logan. We said we were waiting."

"I don't care." He grabs my cheeks and forces another kiss on me. "Babe, I'm weak. Not a day goes by where I don't think about you naked in my bed."

"It doesn't feel right."

Logan finally pulls away and looks at me, raising an eyebrow to ask, "Are you serious, Addy? This is how it's going to be from now on? Come on, it's not that big a deal."

I grab his hand and try to reason with him. "I want it to be special, Logan. With music, and flowers, and a real bed, not the front seat of your car."

"Don't you love me anymore?" Logan holds my face, brushing loose hair out of the way. "If you love me you'd do it, Addy."