Chapter Thirty One- Daddy

"Daddy!" Iasa screeched, running into the open arms of her father.

The group had walked to the shore after Iasa and Orlan had recognised the ships, which were now all anchors down, the soldiers waiting for their next orders.

King Gregor had rowed ashore with Darien- the head of the army- to organise the disembarking of the soldiers.

Orlan briefed the King on the lay of the land and Darien was soon sent back to the ships to organise the unloading.

The Kings gaze eventually fell to the others who were waiting and watching patiently.

"Daddy, you remember Eboni and Bren?" Iasa said, smiling cheerily as she stood next to her friends.

The Kings eyebrows shot up in what Eboni could only describe as surprise and amusement no doubt because the last time he had seen the three of them together they had been at each other's throats.

"Of course, hello again Sister Eboni, Brother Bren." He said, nodding to each of them.

"Good to see you to your Majesty." Bren replied, nodding back in respect.

"This is Kas, Head Warrior to his brother, Chief Atu, of Sher Wood." Iasa said, steering her father away from Bren and pointing respectively to the brothers.

"Sher Wood?!" The king said, startled.

Eboni watched in silence for Kas and Atu's reaction. She knew that the King had tried to claim the land of Sher Wood for his own during the early years of his reign.

"Yes daddy." Iasa replied for the brothers- who were both stood straight, eyes guarded and narrow as they took in the squat man in front of them.

"Goodness! How did you get onto their land?" King Gregor asked his daughter, bewildered.

"They asked nicely." Atu replied coolly.

"Of course, of course. What powers do you possess then, I presume you do considering you are on this journey?" The King asked, bumbling as his cheeks flushed red, no doubt intimidated and embarrassed to be in the presence of men much younger and stronger than him that he had tried to - and failed- to conquer.

"Wind." Atu said before sending a strong gust of wind towards the King, sending him stumbling backwards.

"I see, good, good. And you, Warrior?" The King asked, pulling nervously at his collar.

"Earth." Kas replied.

"No demonstration?" The King said, his eyes darting around preparing for a show of power like Atu had given.

"You are standing on and looking at it." Kas replied, smirking as the realisation that the Barren Land wasn't so barren anymore hit the king.

"This is Raus, he controls water." Iasa said, steering her father away from the brothers and the growing tension. "And this is Kimi, a strong fighter and friend of Raus. They are both from the mountains of Cerina."

Both Raus and Kimi nodded in respect as the King stopped in front of them.

"Shall we go inside? I am sure we have much to discuss." Eboni said, pushing Kas and Atu forward first to keep them as distanced from the king they could get.

"Good idea!" Iasa replied not giving her father a chance to reply. Taking his arm in hers they followed the others as they all made their way inside to sit down at the table.

Eboni was relieved to see that Kas had had built two more chairs for the king and Darien.

Perhaps it is a sign of a possible reconciliation between them, she thought hopefully.