Chapter Thirty Five- Fiercesome

Eboni sighed in relief as she saw that the figure was the Commander. He was wading his way up to the shore towards Kimi, a pleasant and welcoming smile gracing his lips.

"Don't think that we're safe yet Eboni. The Darkness could be controlling him. We have no idea how the fight ended and who won." Kas murmured into her ear.

She nodded her head, focusing on releasing her power at a moment's notice.

Kimi grasped the dagger strapped to her belt, not giving the Commander the chance to attack first. Kicking his skins so he fell to the floor and trapping his hands around his back she held the dagger to his throat.

Orlan ran forward, patting him down for weapons.

"He isn't armed." He shouted.

"Bring him up." Atu said.

Kimi released his hands, keeping the dagger to his throat. Orlan hauled him up, together slowly walking forwards to join the rest of the group.

Eboni looked over the Commander as he neared, apart from crumpled clothing and sea breeze matted hair he looked well, his eyes dancing with humour as he stayed silent, taking in the situation around him.

"I sense no Darkness within him." Bren said.

"Are you sure?" Kimi asker, her dagger remaining at his throat.

"Yes, I am sure." Bren replied, chuckling.

Kimi removed the dagger and hooked it back on her belt, a small pout on her lips.

"Hello again." The Commander said, smiling to the six of them that had been in Admari.

"You are?" Darien asked, half standing in front of King Gregor.

"I am the Commander of the Admari army." He replied.

"We can trust him?" King Gregor asked, eyeing the fleet of ships warily.

"Yes, I believe we can. I am glad to see you alive and well Commander. I am sorry that we had to leave, but you seemed to have everything under control." Eboni said.

"I am sorry for the display of ignorance when I put you in the cages, I had to be certain that the Empress didn't suspect a thing." The Commander replied apologetically.

"Of course, we were just relieved to see you were not taken by the Darkness, which is what we had feared, looking at you large arsenal." Atu said.

"At my command, they will come ashore. I am afraid I do not come baring good news, though I doubt that there could be good news at a time like this."

"What news do you bring?"

"My ships met with the fishing fleet of Cerina, we were heading in the same direction so the Captain agreed to join my fleet and travel together."

"Cerinian Ships!" Raus cried out happily, sharing an excited glance with Kimi.

"Yes, the Captain also told me of what he and his fighters saw, there were many hundred ships spotted in the distance, The Dark Ones are a day- if that- behind us." The Commander looked at the others gravely.

"We have a time now, we can prepare." Atu replied.

"May I call my soldiers ashore?" The Commander asked, pulling a strange looking device out of his pocket.

"Of course, Commander. King Gregor, I suggest that you tell your men to stand down, I will do the same with my Warriors." Atu said.

The King nodded, sending Orlan and Darien off to replay the message.

Atu also went over to one of the groups of his warriors, the small group of men and women splitting up to spread the message their Chief had given.

"I will go and tell the Brothers and Sisters to rest." High Priest Jon said, nodding respectively to the group before turning and wandering along the shore.

"Princess, may I ask for a flame?" The Commander asked.

Iasa, smiling in reply, held out her hand, conjuring a small burst of flames that sprung from her palm.

The Commander placed the contraption down onto her palm, the bottom springing up in flames.

Running from the group he placed the now alight tube back on the ground. Quickly returning to them. The group now all stood in silence, watching the tube intently.

It spluttered and began to shake, steam rising from the top.

Cautiously, Eboni took a few steps back.

A bright white light erupted from the top, shooting up into the sky way above their heads.

Gasps of shock and awe rippled across the land as the soldiers and Warriors too turned to look up at the marvel in front of them.

A burst of musical laughter erupted from Kimi, her hand flying up to her mouth to muffle the sound.

Eboni couldn't help but join in, a smile gracing her lips as she turned back to the tube to watch the explosions.

They began to grow smaller and lose their brightness as the fire died down.

"You have a beautiful laugh." Eboni heard the Commander whisper into Kimi's ear, who in turn raised an eyebrow at him before turning to look out across the ocean.

All the ships were now being unloaded of soldiers and weaponry. Looking closer she could make out the smaller fishing ships that belonged to the Cerinian people in between the large fierce looking vessels of the Admari army.

"King Gregor, did your men fill the ground floor room of the tower?" Eboni asked

"No, just the rooms up the stairs, the ground floor is empty apart from the table and chairs. All of the weapons were removed as well." He replied.

"I suggest we wait inside while the Admari soldiers row ashore, it is about to get very crowded here. Commander, when you have organized your men please join us in the tower along with a representative for the Cerinian people." Eboni said.

"Understood, Sister Eboni." The Commander said.

"More like High Priestess!" Iasa said smiling in congratulations.

"Congratulations on the honour." The Commander said sincerely.

Eboni ignored them both, walking away towards the tower.

Of course the small bit of joy and happiness she had begun to feel would be marred by the very thoughts she was trying to forget.

"She isn't High Priestess yet." Eboni heard Kas say.

Her heart sunk. The decision she made concerning her role in God's Land would affect more people than just herself.

Shaking the thought from her mind she decided to think them over when – and only when- the war was over.

The prophecy had yet to be fulfilled.

Dawn had risen, and with it she and Iasa had met. With their meeting, The Dark Ones, just as the prophecy had predicted. Kas and Atu's mother had fallen, slain at the hands of the Dark Ones, convincing them both to join this journey. Her death had ensured they would all meet, and all be here on this day, ready for battle.

But one of them was to die.

Glancing back, Eboni smiled as she saw Iasa's arm linked through Bren's, the both looking at each other with love and respect in their eyes.

Iasa had also finally stood up to her father, meaning she could fight beside the others in the last battle with no constraints, bringing all the elements together.

Spirit, Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, Darkness. One will fall.

Eboni ran the last line of the prophecy over and over in her head as she took her seat at the table, her friends, family, taking their seats beside her.

One of them would not be here soon. It was a fact that chilled her to the bone.

Who do you think will fall?