~ Part 1 ~

The familiar sound of my alarm clock blasted besides my head on my bedside table. A long groan left my mouth as my palm slapped the clock, turning it off. My eyes took a second to adjust to the light shining through my blinds. New day. New me.

My feet dragged along the floor of my apartment as I made my way too the kitchen. My hand found the coffee machine and I turned it on in routine. It was so early! I had to get down to the bakery to start making the breakfast pastries before the usuals came.

I owned a bakery, well.. its more like a café. There's tables and chairs where people can enjoy their food. After sipping on my coffee and burning my mouth multiple times I forced myself into the shower.

Feeling the hot water against my back felt so nice and refreshing. I loved showering, it was one of the only times of day I had to myself.

I dried myself off with the towel and slipped my panties and bra on then headed back too my room. After scanning through my wardrobe for a few minutes I chose out a T-shirt and pair of jeans. Now time to go to work.

The cool autumn breeze brushed through my hair as I walked out my apartment complex. It wasn't a long walk too the bakery thankfully. The auburn leaves flew through the air as I strolled, everything was so peaceful. Some people call me crazy for finding the city that never sleeps peaceful but all you have to do is focus. On how peaceful it can be.

As I reached the bakery door I slotted the key into the lock and pushed the door open, the bell above the door jingled. I walked through the back and put the apron over my head. Time to bake!

___________________

By 8am my regulars came through the door and each time the bell rang. I greeted each of them with a welcoming smile and took their orders. Soon enough one of my best friends Laura walked in, she strolled behind the till as if she worked here making me chuckle.

"You'll never believe who I just ran into!" She exclaimed suddenly. I glanced up at her before looking back at the till while pulling cash out for my customer. "What ex is it this time?" I half joked. The girl rolled her eyes at me

"Toby! He walked straight into me and didn't even acknowledge me! What a jerk!" She spat in disgust. I stayed silent for a moment.. what one was Toby? She's had like 8 boyfriends in the past month! I nodded as if I knew who she was talking about.

"Anyway.. got any food for me?" Laura half smirked knowing I'd give her something. I clicked my tongue and gestured my head too the kitchen. She squeeled and walked in happily. Within seconds she walked out happily with a pana chocolate in hand.

________________

A few hours past and I'm now serving up lunch foods, nothing much was happening today, same old thing, talk to the regulars and see how they have been doing since the day before. John's brother was getting married, Dorothy's daughter-in-law is in labour with her second child. A little girl apparently.

I stood behind the till for a moment when a tall dark haired man who couldn't be older then 23 walked in, I've never seen him before. Be polite and pleasant. I flashed a welcoming smile which wasn't returned. He walked over and said in a low grumble, "I'll have a BLT."

Great another rude one, "take out or eat in?" I continued to smile at him. The boy rolled his eyes at me, "out." He snapped as if I had asked him an obvious question. Once finishing bagging up his BLT I spoke, "That'll be 4.99 please"

He patted around his pockets looking for his wallet before letting out a groan, "Forgot ny wallet, sorry.." he went to walk off but I stopped him, he turned back round and saw me holding out the bag.

"I can't pay. " he informed me. I knew this. "I know, take it! Just remember to pass on this act of kindness one day!" I grinned at him. He looked at me almost suspiciously before taking it from my hands and nodding.

Well he's weird.