part 27

3 months had passed, Danilo and I took a few weeks break from trying for another baby before trying again. I took a test last week and it was negative sadly.

Danilo had set me up my own little office next door to his. I had a 6 of my own men placed round my room, 2 on the balcony, 2 at the door and 2 stood by my desk.

I fidgeted in my chair, not quite able to focus. What was up with me today? I felt dizzy all the time. I rested my head against the table. "Boss are you okay?" The man to the left of me, Liam, asked. I sat back up and nodded. "Yes I'm fine. I'm just going to go into Danilo's office for a few moments I sighed while standing up. My eyesight suddenly went black. Shit, shit, shit. I collapsed to the ground. Just barely conscious. 

"Someone go get Danilo." I snapped. I heard the door swong open and one of my men come running back in with who I assume to be Danilo following behind.

"Grace? Whats happened? Whats going on?" The familiar voice frantically began asking questions.

"I-I- don't..  feel to goo-"

*Danilos pov*

Thump.

That's when she passed out. Previously she had been sitting up slightly meaning she hit the ground again.

"Fuck! Grace?" I dashed too the floor and held her in my arms.
"Hey.. Wake up Mi amore.. come on.." it was silent for a good ten seconds before she slowly opened her eyes and I let go of the breath I didn't even know I was holding.

"Oh fuck. You scared me. What happened? Are you okay?" I pressed my lips against the girls forehead. "I don't know.. I haven't felt 100% all day so I was going to go to your office but when I stood up everything went black and I fell down, but I could still hear everything.." Her voice cracked as she spoke, well.. whispered. She always whispered when she was ashamed or embarrassed. Thats what I've noticed about her.

"Come on let's go into my office, yeah?" I smiled and lifted her up. When we got into the office I grabbed my laptop and sat on the sofa with her so she was able to sleep on me. Which she did. She placed her head on my lap and fell asleep within seconds.

"Go get a blanket for her." I murmered when seeing the goosebumps on her arm. One of her men, marco, scrambled put of the door and returned with a blanket and passed it to me. I placed it over her body and watched as she wrapped herself around it.

Three hours passed and she was still asleep, unfortunately we had a meeting in ten minutes time with a huge investor. I stroked her hair and placed a kiss on her cheek. "Mi amore? Wake up for a moment." I watched as she slowly opened her eyes and looked at me.

"We have a meeting in ten minutes, do you want to attend or should I bring you down to our room?" I smiled ever so slightly but quickly returned my stern face. She then sat up. "No I'll be fine." She stretched while talking.

"Okay... how you feeling? Still dizzy?" I queried. She was now fully sat up and looking round.
"Yeah I'm fine just a bit of a headache." Grace stated.

"Someone go get her a glass of water and some paracetamol." I barked at the men who I obviously scared from my sudden demand considering 2 of them ran into eachother attempting to get out the door. Idiots.

I rolled my eyes at them while my wife giggled. "Are you sure you'll be okay?" I didn't want her to over work herself if she wasn't feeling okay. But I knew that because of how stubborn she can be if I told her she couldn't work she'd just go against me.

"Yeah I'll be fine, besides I'll be with you the whole time so you can calm down." She chuckles before leaning over and kissing me. I quickly returned it and took over the dominance she had for a split second. I could feel her grinning against my lips.

Both of us eventually pulled apart and smiled at eachother. "You got lipstick on you now." She laughed at me as I attempted to wipe it off.

"Come here." Before I could do anything the girl wiped it off my lips. I raised my eyebrows at her. One way to do it. I heard multiple people walking up the stairs and quickly jumped up before helping Grace up carefully.

Suddenly the door that was pulled too had opened up and the gaurd I'd sent to get paracetamol and water for Grace returned with our investors following behind him. "Here you go Ma'am." I watched as he handed the paracetamol to my wife. She nodded her thankyous and took a sip of the water before putting it down on my desk.

I began talking to the investors while Grace sat on my desk rubbing her head. One of the maids brang in coffee and a few small sandwiches with different fillings in them. I saw in the corner of my eye Grace begin to go green. Oh shit. Before I could do anything she threw up all over the floor. Fuck.

"I'm so sorry, please go into the hallway for a moment." I half mumbled while holding back Grace's hair. There was no point trying to move her to a bin or toilet now she might aswell let it out here.

The investors were led into the hallway while multiple maids rushed in with buckets and mops.
I rubbed my wife's back comfortingly for her before she eventually sat up. "Fuck.. I'm so sorry.. I've probably screwed up the deal now. I don't know what happened.. I just suddenly got a wave if nausea and puked before I could excuse myself." She had tears in her eyes.

I grabbed a tissue from my desk and wiped her eyes they grabbed another one and wiped her mouth. "So what if we lose the investor. We don't need them anyway we're minted, Grace. But more importantly is that your okay. Do you reckon there's something wrong with you or maybe.. you could be pregnant. Fainting and nausea. It's possible is it not?" I suggested and watched as she tried to process what I was saying.

"I mean.. maybe.." Her voice went noticeably quieter. Oh no.. somethings wrong.. I thought she'd be happier.

"Grace? Whats wrong? Aren't you excited?" I reached for her hand and cupped it in mine.

"No, no I am.. but.. if this is pregnancy.. and this will happen every day for the next few months... how am I supposed to do anything functional?" She slumped against my chest.

"It'll be fine. I can run the mafia, we have maids, Chef's, gardeners and every person who every job you don't have to do anything if you don't want to." I placed a kiss on her forehead.

We sat like that for a few moments. "How about you go get changed into some comfier clothes and I'll try and re schedule the meeting?"

So turns out the investors weren't interested anymore. But I wasn't going to tell Grace that. She'd feel bad. I walked into our bedroom where Grace was curled up under the covers. "Did they reschedule?" She smiled softly as I took off my suit jacket and nodded my head. "Sunday, 8 45am, you'll have to go into the bakery by yourself. Is that okay?" The girl I get to call my wife nodded once again, "only if I can have a cuddle though." She giggled while stretching her arms out.